Home Forums Modern 10mm Pendraken Cold War Forces Complete!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

All,

Well, it’s two weeks to the day since receiving my package full of lead from Pendraken. I’ve busted my butt, spending way too much time cleaning, assembling, basing, priming, painting, washing, and flocking (aggravating my wife and kids in the process!), but I have completed everything that came in the box! And wanted to show it off with a whole bunch of pictures; and I’ll apologize up front, the quality of the pics is a bit uneven in places, but those are the breaks when you get home from work a little late and the sunlight is failing.

So, what did I do? I sprung for two almost identical Cold War armies in 10mm, from Pendraken Miniatures in the UK. Per side, I built a 10-vehicle tank company, a 10-vehicle mechanized infantry company with a company command stand, three platoon command stands, nine rifle stands, three recoiless rifle stands, three heavy machine gun stands, and three medium mortar stands, 3-4 vehicle reconnaissance platoon with a platoon command stand, two rifle stands, an HMG stand, and a recoiless rifle stand, a three-vehicle tank destroyer platoon, a 2-3 vehicle heavy mortar platoon, an anti-aircraft gun, and a battalion command stand.

To see the 122 other photos, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2018/01/pendraken-10mm-cold-war-forces.html

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

Wow, that is fast impressive work, Jack!  I kinda hope you skip Cuba and go straight to WW3!

Participant

This is clear evidence that you should have bought bigger armies…

Being serious, very impressive. 🙂

Participant

Thanks guys!  And I don’t think I could afford bigger armies, monetarily or my now permanently deformed ‘painting back’ 😉

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

Are you going back to Cuba before starting WW3, Jack?

Participant

Yeah, I think I have to.  I’ve already played four games that I need to write up and post, need to play another 2-3 this weekend to close that operation out, then write and post them.

I still need to do up my air support for Wolverines, which I haven’t even had time to start, plus I have some admin stuff to do before I can start WWIII.

But I figure I should be good to go for a next weekend (10 Feb) start.  Sorry man, just too many projects going on; I still have WWII Marines and Israeli War of Independence to work on/finish, too!

V/R,

Jack

Participant

Oh, ok.  I look forward to the Marines and Israelis!

Participant

Well, you can look forward to Cuba too, Mister!!! 😉

V/R,

Jack

Participant

I just don’t have the connection with Cuba, that I have with the others.

Participant

It’s kinda like Writers have some books that I love but others it’s a slog to get through. Love the writer but wish they wrote more of the stories I love. I love your Marines and Israelis, the Cubans are a slog.

Participant

It’s kinda like Writers have some books that I love but others it’s a slog to get through. Love the writer but wish they wrote more of the stories I love. I love your Marines and Israelis, the Cubans are a slog.

You’ve been told, you’ll like the Cubans whether you like them or not, so there. 

Participant

EXACTLY!!!  Thank you very much, Ms Dickson! 😉

As my wife says: “You can want!”

V/R,

Jack

Participant

LOL! That tells me off! Bring on the Cubans then Jack!

Participant

Indeed, John!

And I wouldn’t bring on the Cubans except that I already did, just need to post them!

A slog, eh?  Why, you’re lucky I don’t smack ya in da backa da face!!!

V/R,

Jack

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.