Home Forums Modern 15mm Modern Vehicles, Including More From Bashytubits

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

All,

No gaming again this past weekend, but I did have a pretty productive weekend in terms of painting and basing. I’ve got three posts this week (this is the first) to document what I finished, though I made a lot of progress on a bunch of other stuff as well. First up is a bunch of 15mm modern vehicles from three different manufacturers: three from Bashytubits’ 3D Printer, two from QRF, and three from Old Glory’s Command Decision range.

The whole group, with more to come: a Leopard II and two Marder Infantry Fighting Vehicles from Bashytubits, two French VABs from QRF, and three M-113 armored personnel carriers from Old Glory.

Bashytubit’s 15mm German Leopard II. To see more pics, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2017/03/15mm-modern-vehicles-including-more.html

Well, that’s all for now. I’m looking at going big; that is, I’ve been playing quite a bit of skirmish fights later, and I’m looking to play some bigger fights with vehicles on the table, which made stuff like this group necessary. I’ve still got a bunch more sitting on the painting table (an M-1 Abrams, four Bradleys, two more Marders, three Challengers, and three Warriors), and I’d like to pick up some more stuff (some AAVs from Irishserb, and some more Soviet and NATO stuff from Bashytubits).

Next post of finished stuff is a (very) little bit of French and Austrian Napoleonics, then back to moderns with some more Peter Pig Marines painted and based up to play Ben Lacy’s “SOF Warrior” rules.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

Jack:

Those are nice looking minis. Well painted too. The Bashytubits’ Leopard and Marders look quite good when painted. Well done and I’m looking forward to seeing more. I apologise for dragging my arse with respect to catching up on your reports but I’m in a major gaming/painting doldrums right now. I’m trying to recharge my interest-batteries by researching the battles around (but not in) Stalingrad in late 1942 before Operation Uranus “kesselled” the Sixth Army. It’s fascinating stuff. I have to jazz myself up to paint 3 X BT-7a howitzer tanks and 14 X T-26 M1933 light tanks. Then I have only 14 X T-28E medium tanks to finish detailing and four BA-20 armoured cars before going back to some ultramodern Taliban, US Marines and US Army infantry which need finishing. I gotta get my painting mojo back.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

It’s a good cheap way to get more toys on the table !!  I plan to order some more when I get the chance.   What Rod you letting Comrade Stalin down and not painting T- 26’s !!!!!  I should have you re-educated !!!!

Participant

The more I see of those 3D printed items, the rougher they look… they may be cheap, but the designer in me that works her to get smooth surfaces as smooth as possible is finding them really painful to look at.

QRF Models Limited
    www.quickreactionforce.co.uk

Participant

Thanks Rod and John, and snap out of it Rod!

Geoff – Alright man, this is getting a bit silly.  Perhaps it’s just me, but I find it distasteful when one manufacturer is going on forums to knock another.  And I would have let it go, but now you’ve done it on two different forums.  I’m a big fan of these 3D print models, as I’m a big fan of a lot of different manufacturers.

If you’re shuddering perhaps you should just look away.  If you want to cast stones, the level of detail on the 3D models is better than this:

This:

And:

And at least the 3D models come complete:

I ordered two VABs.  One came complete, the other came with a shield but no machine gun (which is why there is a Peter Pig gunner on top), and did not include the boxes (one on each side) that go between the wheels on each side of the truck.  As I didn’t have boxes for both trucks, I left them off.  To recap, I’ve only bought two vehicles from you, and one was messed up.  This is on top of making numerous requests over a seven-month period to place an order for the ‘old’ Modern US troops, which you said you could do, but never did.

It’s one thing to say “hey, there’s some lines on the vehicle, here’s how you might go about fixing them.”  It’s quite another to simply denigrate them and compare them to your own.  I’m not a fan of airing dirty laundry on the forums, taking shots at manufacturers; hopefully now you see why.  Ultimately you’re telling someone their baby is ugly, and it’s just not needed.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

Unfortunately bits do occasionally get missed, but if you contact us we do send them on. You don’t appear to have contacted us.

You’ve posted quite a bit about these. I’ve commented the same comment to the same observation which you posted to two different forums. I am commenting as a designer and modeller, not as a manufacturer (and a wargamer who owns figures from a wide variety of ‘rival manufacturers’ including Peter Pig, Old Glory, Battlefront, etc). Those lines are there, and really quite noticeably so, whether you like it or not. I could be a lot more critical, but I haven’t. However considering you are someone who was fussy over a fraction of a mm on a SAW that is less than 10mm long, I find that curious.

But if you cant see the difference…

QRF Models Limited
    www.quickreactionforce.co.uk

Participant

Geoff,

“Unfortunately bits do occasionally get missed, but if you contact us we do send them on. You don’t appear to have contacted us.”
    I agree, things do get missed, and it’s not that big of a deal in the overall scheme of things.  I did not contact you because it wasn’t that big of a deal to me, and I didn’t put it in the blog posts or forums because I try to highlight the good things miniatures companies are doing, rather than highlight the negative.  I’m only mentioning them now that we’ve gone negative, to hopefully illustrate why we shouldn’t.

When I feel like I have to say something negative, I try to do it with an eye towards fixing the problem, so that the manufacturer can take steps to rectify the situation.  It’s funny that you said you’re actually going to go and fix the SAW, but now I’m being fussy?  The only thing I was fussy about was the ‘old’ modern US infantry you promised but still haven’t delivered.

“I’ve commented the same comment to the same observation which you posted to two different forums.”
    Why go to two different forums to make negative comments?  Why make negative comments at all?  I think most folks see stuff they don’t like all the time, think to themselves ‘wow, that’s really ugly, not for me,’ and move on.  If the lines are making you shudder, why not simply look at something else?  It’s not like you’re doing the world a favor by pointing out something only you are aware of; the pic is there for all to see, and everyone can make their own decision.

“I am commenting as a designer and modeller, not as a manufacturer (and a wargamer who owns figures from a wide variety of ‘rival manufacturers’ including Peter Pig, Old Glory, Battlefront, etc).”
    If you say so, but you’re handle is “GeoffQRF,” and the fact remains: you are a manufacturer taking shots at another manufacturer.  And while I find the manufacturer on manufacturer negative comments distasteful, I would still have responded negatively to your comments even if you weren’t.

“However considering you are someone who was fussy over a fraction of a mm on a SAW that is less than 10mm long, I find that curious.  But if you cant see the difference…”

C’mon man…

In any case, I’m a wargamer.  Some things I can live with, some I can’t.  In this particular instance, when  I play games with vehicles, I’m playing on a bigger table, viewing the vehicles from several feet away, and I can live with the molding lines.  When I’m playing with individual guys, I’m sitting down with my face right up next to them, specifically so I can see the various weapons, as those individual weapons have an impact on the game.

Again, we all make our choices on what we can live with or can’t, and I try to be fair in my blogposts without taking shots at them, and post pics so other gamers can make up their own minds.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

T(h)anks, Tim, I appreciate it 😉

V/R,
    Jack

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.