Home Forums Ancients 15mm Samurai & Terrain

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Here are some pictures of a Samurai army that I haven’t painted myself…together with some bodged-together and over ambitious terrain..

The army itself is a 15mm Samurai force for L’Art de la Guerre. Mostly composed of Old Glory figures from Timecast, they are supplemented with a handful of Baueda Emeshi cavalry and a Dixon 28mm Great Commander. All of them have been painted by Lurkio[/url].

There is also a village using houses from Oshiro Terrain and a table-edge terrain feature in the shape of a home-made “ADLG Waterway” Samurai Castle wall.

There are lots more pictures and a bit of a construction guide on Madaxeman.com

You can:
    - see more of this rubbish at www.madaxeman.com
    - Listen to the Madaxeman Podcast on any Podcast platform
    - Follow Madaxeman on Twitter @Madaxeman

Keymaster

They are very pretty.
    Why is the command bigger, just for impact?

Participant

Beautiful, especially the koi pond.

Participant

So pretty.

Participant

As lovely as these are you really need to stop posting, as the temptation of getting into another period that you are offering is driving me wild!  

Really lovely stuff dude.  I am impressed with the Oshiro buildings, they seem to have some great stuff.  Have you looked at the cardstock/home print castle?

http://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/9531/Papierschnitzel

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

They are very pretty. Why is the command bigger, just for impact?

in these rules (and some of the other sets I play) Generals are just “markers” – they are not combat units. Some armies also have the option for a “legendary”/famous commanders, so I have gotten into the habit of representing normal commanders with 15mm vignettes and these “great”commanders with 28mm figures.

Yeah, it breaks the illusion of scale – but hey, we are talking tiny metal toy soldiers on a tabletop here, so the idea of representing an exceptional “character” with a different, more impressive type of “marker” works for me …. and is a bit of a chance to put some impressive 28mm Generals on table more often too. So, What’s not to like?! 💂🏼‍♂️

You can:
    - see more of this rubbish at www.madaxeman.com
    - Listen to the Madaxeman Podcast on any Podcast platform
    - Follow Madaxeman on Twitter @Madaxeman

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.