Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi 40k Brazen Claw Primaris Intercessor

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I painted up this 40k Primaris Intercessor for a local store to help advertise their painting night. There’s a few areas that need some touch-up I think (after seeing it this close) but he’s pretty much done. He’s a Brazen Claw. I thought it would be fun to try the quartered paint scheme and I had the shoulder pad kicking around from the new Deathwatch kit.

Participant

Pretty shnazzy!  Looks really good.  After painting this scheme, would you feel it a pain to paint a whole squad like so?  I’ve painted the same sort of scheme in 15mm, but it goes far quicker on that size and I would imagine all the blending that would need to take place on such a large model would be time consuming.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

I don’t know what a Primaris Intercessor is, but I like that Space Marine a lot 

Keymaster

That is a very tidy paintjob

Participant

That’s some snazzy brush work.

Participant

Very very snazzy. Normally I can’t make blue and red work together but you’ve done so supremely well!

Participant

Thanks guys. I intended him to be a one off but I’ve since bought a few more. 😛

I used an airbrush to lay the red down, DSG. After that I based the blue, washed it, touched up the red, washed it, then highlighted the red and then the blue. That wasn’t too bad, I felt I had to go about it in that order though because of the washes and the red showing mistakes readily. It’s definitely more time consuming then just painting a single color, for sure. As long as you’re careful near the midline it’s all right.

The paints I used for Army Painter, if anyone is interested.

Participant

Hey bud,

Awesome paint job and exactly what I want me Brazen Claws to look like. 🙂

Could you pls let me know what paints you used?

Thank you

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.