Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi 6mm Credit Card Terrain

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I like to base my terrain pieces on steel sheets as they don’t warp.
    But they are not always to hand.

So I had a think about what I have to hand, that is not too thick and I have a few of; credit cards.

So I have decided to make a few credit card sized terrain pieces to add some character to my games, below are WIPs of Market Street and Graveyard.

The graveyard is some blobs of plasticine and various bits of plasticard for the headstones covered in Sand Texture Gel. (Windsor and Newton)
    Once dry I will go over with another coat of the gel and maybe make a bench or something then paint it up.

Market Street is a street where people have little stalls.
    Some are permanent structures like the one on the left with the man and shelves inside it, others are temporary and just a space that people bring their goods too, and then you have some semi-permanent stalls like the one on the right, storage sheds with an area to set up the goods on the floor.
    The Market is half done, I have the other side to do and maybe another card or two to make it quite busy…

Heh, nice! I occasionally use thin plasticard for basing myself.

How’s the sand texture gel? If it’s durable and easy to work with I might get some.

The first photo also looks like something I would expect to see in an issue of Adbusters 

Participant

Cool! Love the market, I may have to steal that idea somewhere down the line ;-))

Participant

If you like the rounded edges etc, you can buy blank credit cards (no not that kind) just a piece of plastic with corners curved. Printers use them for business cards etc.

Participant

How about a shot of the reverse side of your credit card (where the cvv/security code is)

Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

Participant

I like that. 2mm MDF though popular can look too deep for some jobs.

I like that. 2mm MDF though popular can look too deep for some jobs.

Indeed, I like the thinner bases to help them seem like more a part of the table top.

How’s the sand texture gel? If it’s durable and easy to work with I might get some.

I use it loads, dries and shrinks up a bit so often two coats needed but great for muddy textured effects.

Participant

Wow!

formerly known as "wargamer1972"

Quick coat of cheap craft paint:

Graveyard is done.
    I may add some extra detail later.
    Not very exciting, but it is some scatter terrain that is a bit different and reflects how harsh life can be on frontier colony planets.

Participant

The guys buried there didn’t buy Angel Barracks miniatures.
    Don’t make the same mistake.

The guys buried there didn’t buy Angel Barracks miniatures. Don’t make the same mistake.

Slight change of plan.
    I decided to make the market bigger and base it on a steel base.
    I have added another small kiosk (rat on a stick?) and a bigger open air stall, not sure what it sells yet.
    Aiming to have about 9 little shops/stalls on the base once done.
    Added some stock to the shelves too.

Participant

Interesting, looking forward to seeing more progress on this 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.