Home Forums WWII 6mm WWII US and Germans

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Participant

All,

I got some more minis completed. After years of languishing atop a bookcase, I finally got around to re-basing and finishing off some old friends. These are Heroics and Ros 6mm WWII, US and German, for western Europe.

The whole she-bang, Yanks on the left, Germans on the right.

The US troops, you can see they’re multi-based with attachments.

More pics on the blog:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2015/04/6mm-wwii-us-and-germans.html

Stay tuned, fights are coming this weekend.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

Looks good Just Jack…..small but good.

Participant

Loving the 6mm 🙂

Are you wavering from the 10mm or are you just doubling up on scales for good measure?

Participant

Ivan, you can never have too many scales…

Looks good, Jack!  I like the big infantry bases.

http://jozistinman.blogspot.com/

Participant

They’re real beauties! (In my best pirate voice) There’s no denying it…For certain larger battles I think I’d rather prefer the minuscule…(don’t dare make some half assed comment about them been life size to me… Jackie me lad 😉

Have you given up wargaming then Jack? Full time painter now? Most of us rely on your daily bouts to actually remain real wargamers. Now we’re actually beginning to place our hope in Blue and his Elvira Show! That’s how low we’ve sunk  🙁

Damn your eye’s Captain Jack (hmmm fat pirate = Captain Jack )…how did it take so long to figure out your new name that’s sure to annoy you 🙂

I knew this was going to be a good day

BTW I’ve seen real photographic evidence that proves beyond any reasonable doubt that indeed our good friend Rod Roy is a real crossdresser…I mean a real wargamer!

Yes I was privy to some extraordinary amazing photos that show Rod in the very midst of women’s tartan attire …enough to drain the blood out of any French man…oh and him some war-game photos as well

(actually in all seriousness they were beautiful and brilliant war-game photos)

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
    For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”

Participant

War Panda:

Someone is full of piss and vinegar today. You should know that the only Highland kilt I own is no mere women’s skirt, but rather a fully wrapping tartan kilt in Clan Robertson plaid. If I could still fit into it (which I can’t) it covers the pelvis, midrift, half the thorax and one shoulder. Accessories include a sporan, belt, skean dhu, a 10-inch dirk, and a choice of two basket-hilt swords. I also have a Sparth axe with a razor sharp 18-inch blade and a couple of targs.

Now as to haggis and mealy puddin, those are ambrosia, the food of the gods and are much more palatable than the black-brown sepsis which oozes out of Ireland called Guinness Stout.

I will leave you with the words of the Frank Sinatra song which best summarises how Scotsmen pick their sweetest dates on a Friday night on the moors and fields. “It’s got to be ewe!”.

So ye Irish b’stard, crawl back to yer Bushmills and Guinness, and let real men talk o’war and sheep/goats. Coooo-Arrrh!

Scotland Forever!

Ruairidh Robertson

Participant

So ye Irish b’stard, crawl back to yer Bushmills and Guinness, and let real men talk o’war and sheep/goats. Coooo-Arrrh!

It warms my heart to hear a real man and his fighting talk! It takes a Celt to know how to wage bloody war!

Yes you have to hand it to the Scots they sure know how to talk dirty….and look dirty…smell dirty …ok they’re basically “dirt” mystically held up by their own bull sh*t and sheep guts

BTW I’d add a smiley face to display the glee I take in insulting you but knowing you stupid Scots you’d would probably misinterpret it to mean something else

Participant

Well Sean Fitzpanda:

Scottish dirt trumps Irish gold if the likes of you have been sitting on the pot at rainbow’s end! You know there’s a reason that Ireland’s so green! Shush, it pours out of most Irishmen from only one end but for a rare few, with a special gift it pours out of both ends, and makes the Emerald Isle oh so verdant and lush. You sir have a green tongue!

Ruairidh Robertson.

Participant

Rod Roy McDirtson,

You have a rare eloquence that does your nation of sheep shagging, skirt wearing, bag blowing (easy now) proud.

Ireland’s fair land is as green as it is for beneath it lies all the envious (green) blood of foolish invaders like Picts and dirty Scots spilt by the heroic blades of the Fianna….while they slept (…while the Fianna slept… not the Picts and Scots…otherwise it wouldn’t sound very heroic but actually kind of cowardly to be honest… which wasn’t exactly what I was aiming for)

Anyway just to recap…The sleeping Irish Fianna killed the sheep shagging Scots ….who were wide awake…fully fresh after a good nights sleep

Alright…and you have a blue tongue and its forked and dirty…

and smells…

Cheers and good gaming

Ye b’stard

Participant

Well, you two pansies can sit here and slap fight on the internet, I’m going to stick to gaming talk.  Besides, I can admit when I’m outflanked: you two have figured out some weird way to occupy the middle ground  where you’re not speaking overly vulgar, but still managing to be pretty insulting.  Me, I’m either very civil or extraordinarily foul, so I’ll just talk wargaming 😉

Commie – For the love of Goodness: I have Company Command scale and Brigade Commander scale 😉

Tin Man – Thanks bud!

Tim – Thanks, and I’ve been waiting to hear what you thought of my 6mm Cold War Canadians:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2015/03/6mm-canadian-brigade-for-5core-brigade.html

Oh, and I don’t believe photos exist of Rod being a wargamer lest he produces them here on this website 😉

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

Well, well, Sean Fitzpanda:

Now your trotting out Fianna? Yes, nothing puts fear into the hearts of invaders like Irish medieval motorcycle gangs without the motorcycles. The girls must of thought them so MacCool. And speaking of girls, how tough can a bunch of kerns be if their name is a choice for naming sweet little Irish girls. We Scots in Canada have had plenty of experience dealing with the Fenian descendants of your much ballyhooed Fianna and we sent them packing every time they sneaked across the border to spread chaos and mayhem. The notion of Irish military strength is for the most part more of the “gold” which pours forth from Irish mouths. The Vikings built Dublin for Pete’s sake and the Scots and English conquered the unconquerable Gaels so many times I have lost count. The only Irish warrior with the balls to stand up to Queen Elizabeth successfully was Grannuaile and she didn’t have any! So spin your tales and live in myth-conception if you please, but don’t for a moment think that Ireland is green from foreign blood. It’s all up to Gaelic sh&te and Guinness piss (rich in nitrogen don’t you know).

But in the spirit of Gaellic unity I offer the olive-branch of peace and the hand of friendship and I suggest that if you’re ever in Montreal we fight a Scots vs. Irish medieval miniatures game and settle our differences like civilised folk. Then after the game I’ll take you out to Hurley’s Pub, get ya paralytic drunk and then beat the crap out of ya!

Cheers and good drinking!

Ruairidh Robertson

Participant

Just Jack:

This is the Gaellic art of “crack” or “cracking”, best done across a pub table, but here demonstrated over the interweb.  It’s all in good fun and no one is being hurt by such silliness.

I did not see your new posting about the new Canadian units, but as soon as I finish kicking some more hot air out of the Hindenbear-Panda, I will take a wee look and give you some feedback. Oh, the humanity!

Rod Robertson

Participant

I was lost there as well Just Jack.

Participant

Then after the game I’ll take you out to Hurley’s Pub, get ya paralytic drunk and then beat the crap out of ya!

How could anyone turn down such an offer. And now now you’ll probably regret it because myself and the wife are heading to Ontario…Ottawa in the summer. Her brother’s live close by.

Now slip out of that while you still can…

Not sure but I believe Montreal is a few hours drive from Ottawa? 3hrs 4hrs 5hrs

Ridiculous country. I can be anywhere in Ireland in 20mins. 10 if I have a bike

Participant

And apologies to Jack. I understand you tough and rough Americans have a different disposition than the Celts

I do sincerely apologize for the trauma I’ve put you through.

Please accept this gift with all the kindness I can muster:

Participant

Sean Fitzpanda:

Two hours tops, little Panda, less than two, so bring it on. I should warn you that most of the Ottawa-Montreal drive is through Stormont, Dundas and Glenngary counties so you had best watch your tongue as you make the drive. And if you’re feeling adventurous you and the wife can stop in at Maxville where there is a fine Highland Scottish store. It’s called Muir’s and it makes the best haggis this side of the Atlantic. You’ll love it, really!

I’ll fight you, I’ll fight your brothers in law, but your wife is out of the question. Anyone tough enough to put up with you for more than a few minutes, is too tough for me! She scares me. No ringers allowed. Grannuaile must watch from the sidelines. I better order that Scottish army and get painting. They’ll be 15mm figures.

Cheers and grand crack.

Rod Robertson

Participant

War Panda:

The bunny is hilarious, I am wracking myself with laughter.

Touche!

Rod Robertson.

Participant

There’s a reason my forefathers ended up stealing the cattle instead of the Irish women: The livestock looked better and put up less of a fight.

Participant

An old saying I once heard, It is good that the Irish and Scot drink so much else they would take over the world.

Participant

Kyoteblue:

Alas, the Irish are more likely to barf all over the world. The Scots did take over the world, we own it. It’s ours. Have you never heard of Scottish Masonry? First we took Manhattan, then we took Berlin. Now the World is ours! Kneel before your Scottish overlords and tremble.

Cheers.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

May hap Rod .

Participant

How can you tell you’ve been invaded by the Scottish?

UK flags everywhere 😉

Participant

There’s a reason my forefathers ended up stealing the cattle instead of the Irish women: The livestock looked better and put up less of a fight.

Well obviously the Irish women would put up more of a fight than the cattle. Who would  want to be married to a Dane all your life. Well its not like the poor cows didn’t mind but had little choice but to  provide Denmark with all its future generations. At least Weasel you’ve moooved on

Participant

Have you never heard of Scottish Masonry?

“am I so sane that you just blew your mind?!”

I’m quaking in my socks

Participant

“I understand you tough and rough Americans have a different disposition than the Celts”
    Indeed.  Whereas your kind were warriors millenia ago, now’s our time.  Besides your not a Celt, you’re a Canuck.

“I do sincerely apologize for the trauma I’ve put you through.”
    Thanks Panda, it’s been a little unsettling watching two grown men tuck their junk between their legs and hurl insults they heard on Braveheart across the etherworld.  Lotsa folks make fun of the concept of ‘1st World Problems,’ I suppose this is what passes for masculinity in Keh-Beck. 😉

And your pictures are amazing; it seems you have a separate bestiality fetish for every occasion.  Actually, if you weren’t such a heathen I would’ve assumed that was your Easter portrait 😉

I have to keep putting in these smiley faces because Johnny Baggins is too thick to realize I may be joking as well.  I’ve never understood why Euro-Trash (or in this case, pseudo-Euro-Trash; I’m guessing Panda is gonna stop showering and shaving, take the bus, and put the family up in a hostel for the Ottawa trip.  Maybe grow some dreds?) assume they are the only ones with a sense of humor, and that when someone (in particular, an American) comes back it’s always ‘whooa, calm down, learn to take a bleedin’ joke!’ (sorry, I caught myself using my Aldous Snow voice).

Anyway, I need to get to painting…

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

Kramer????  That’s perfect!  You know he’s 6′ 3″…

Panda and his clan can tie him up when he washes up on shore!

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

I’ve never understood why Euro-Trash  assume they are the only ones with a sense of humor, and that when someone (in particular, an American) comes back it’s always ‘whooa, calm down, learn to take a bleedin’ joke!’

At last Jack makes a funny 😀

…was that a funny?…wasn’t really that funny…but at least it’s an attempt…let’s give him a break.

Let’s hear it for Jack’s funny!!!

Participant

It’s not that Americans don’t understand humour, it’s that when Texans are involved, you have to speak veeeeeryyyyy slooooowlyyyyy so they can translate it to their particular bastardization of the English language.(And Marx knows the English language is bad enough to begin with)

Participant

So Just Jack wants to play, eh? Well good on ya Jack and here’s my first offering to ya, you Texas shorthorn!

Participant

it’s that when Texans are involved, you have to speak veeeeeryyyyy slooooowlyyyyy so they can translate it to their particular bastardization of the English language.

I applaud this shrewd observation.

What’s Texan, Slow and a real English b’stard. This is a riddle for Jack isn’t it Ivan?

Participant

Rod.

You.

Are.

Genius.

I bet that’s Jack’s “bedroom” wall paper

Participant

Participant

And so Kyoteblue does not feel left out:

Participant

One for the Red Viking

With some clever disguises the women of Ireland easily fooled the vikings to take less spirited wives

Participant

Old toy viking I owned. Shows the Vikings two main interests in life

Participant

It’s weird how all the women are black and white though. You’d expect them to be paler in Ireland.

Kyote at his 8th grade graduation.

Participant

Jack’s favourite “going-out” gear…for good taste sake I’ve edited out Jack’s torso but for the rest of Jack’s photo please see his Facebook page

Participant

It’s weird how all the women are black and white though. You’d expect them to be paler in Ireland.

That’s crazy!!! It must be passed on from generation to generation…

Participant

Kyote at his 8th grade graduation.

It’s perfect! It’s uncanny! It’s frankly kind of scary

Participant

I think my work here is done

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.