Home Forums Fantasy Burning Sands Crom’s Anvil – 15mm Fantasy

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 2,391 total)
  • Author

arrrrgh a typo….   curses!!

fixed.

Participant

You are one talented guy

You are one talented guy

You flatter me sir!

So, the tent is available.

The walls have been coming along.

The initial plan was a wall section and a column section, available as bare brick and crude plastered finish.
    These are done and moulds made.

Here is me painting up 4 sections that will be for Simurgh.

As you can see the brick work is still visible underneath to give it that simple village out in the desert feel, I will be adding some painted decoration to them as instructed by the shrine of Pteor.

Also you can see the plain sections.

The walls looked better with the little fire bowl bits but they would have been simply too cost ineffective to get moulded, that was, until I found a new guy looking to branch out into casting and he offered me a Guinea Pig rate for my first mould to see if he was happy casting for others, so I took up his offer and he sent me some samples of the cast fire bowls.

So now you will be able to buy the fire bowls too!

Not sure when I will get these 5 new items on the site, but hopefully before xmas.

Participant

Oohh looking good!

I know I said leave the walls bare, but I have to say, I’m having difficulty trying to decide which of the two versions looks best.

I look forward to seeing them painted.

Good to hear about the fire bowls, they are not that hard to make, but time consuming if you want to line your corridors with them so it’s good to have the option.

Cheers,

Stroezie.

Just figuring out what colour to do the tiles…

Participant

That looks really good Mike.  The red stripe is very eye catching in contrast to the “plaster”.  I can imagine painting/maintaining it being a form of punishment or repentance for those of the temple community that are charged with minor infractions.  Shnazzy!  IT’s all coming together very well sir!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

The firebowls came out looking very nice.

The walls looked good to beging with, but the added decoration really lifted them to a new level. I bet that keeps the initiates busy from time to time 🙂

Fingers crossed I should have the skulls tomorrow and if all goes well I should be able to post the remaining Crom Funders by Wednesday at the latest.

The Crom Funders have all been posted today!

Skulls!

Stoked – those’ll be very useful….

Participant

My figures from the Crom Funder just arrived and very nice they are too.  I am seriously impressed with the quality of these guys.  They are lovely  sculpts, well-proportioned and full of character.  And I got two Bodyguard figures when I was only expecting one so that is an added bonus.

Congratulations Mike.  I think you are creating an excellent little range here.

Glad you like them.
    The 2 bodyguards was intentional.
    When doing the funder I figured I would do like the initial releases and make a pack like the summoning pack.
    I figured Ali Durust the Merchant would be flanked by 2 bodyguards so made the ‘pledge’ take that into account.

Participant

Cool, didn’t know that about the bodyguards and was kind of regretting not ordering a second one so yay AB you’ve made my day 

Also, do I notice a certain family resemblance between Ali and his bodyguards? He strikes me as the kind of chap who always has a cousin/uncle who has whatever skill/knowledge the heroes are looking for.

Cheers,

Stroezie.

Good grief, that looks ace – a proper town

Participant

Now that’s a serious piece of redecorating!!!

Looks awesome, I wonder what creature of the night they are trying to keep away with those fire bowls

Cheers,

Stroezie.

Participant

That looks like a proper town now, if it keeps growing like it has this part will be the “old town” of a big city before long 🙂

Thanks peeps.
    I had been stuck on something for a while then had a brainwave, that will almost certainly work.

I want to grow the town and have started casting up some more buildings to use and am planning on making a barracks/jail for the website and an Inn for my own use.

But I was trying to work out how to make it fit on the same board without being crowded.
    I don’t want to make an extra board as the join will be too jarring and don’t fancy making a bigger board.

Then I had an idea.
    District boards.

This board laid out as such will be the main entrance.
    I will do some models for the other areas that I will game in.

So up next will be market/tourist board which will have the inn and some market stuff.

Then I will maybe do a jail/barracks board for breaking people out scenarios and what not.

Just represent the area they are in, rather than try to show the whole town in one go.

Participant

Love that solution – I’ve done area boards for some other projects and always find they work well. They contribute to a rather cinematic (“Scene Two, At the Inn, roll ’em!”) feel that I like. Will look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Participant

Oh yes, district boards will work for sure!  Also makes taking pictures a heck of a lot easier.  And being able to reuse items and buildings from other districts without having to make more is a bonus.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

And being able to reuse items and buildings from other districts without having to make more is a bonus.

This swung it for me!

Excellent idea – that’s the approach I’m trying to take at the mo.

Participant

Cromfunder stuff arrived this morning. Lovely little figures!

One mage and three heroes are about to become characters for my Tribal/ Primeval rules homo heidelbergensis tribe.

Not entirely sure they’re historically accurate but lets face it we’re talking about a period where we’re creating whole species based on little more three teeth and a fingerbone!

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

I am hoping to see some new 15mm fantasy topics popping up soon  😉

Participant

I have Coppelstone Barbarians on order thru Brigade Games plus Tarzan and Great Apes from Scale Creep Miniatures. So soon I hope.

Coming Soon!

Participant

Next from Crom’s Anvil:

The dark savage xylophone player! 😜

Almost ready for release!

SKULLS!!

Participant

Ooh, very nice!!!

What a wonderfull piece of decoration, immediately brightens up the room that does.

Participant

Simply outstanding! It can never be said enough: Conan games need skulls, and lots of ’em!

Thanks peeps.
    What would people like to see made for the Simurgh range?
    I am bringing out walls and firebowls soon.
    I PLAN….. on making a grain silo type thing.
    But as something a bit bigger, maybe a small town jail/barracks?

Participant

How about some kind of community location.

Somewhere to hold (slave)auctions, executions, a place to post warrants or for the town crier to stand on…

Maybe a raised platform with stairs at both ends, somekind of message board or post on the front an rings at the back to tie animals/slaves to.

The kind of place daring last minute rescues and spontaneous revolts happen

Cheers,

Stroezie.

One or two smaller tents to go with the big one. Ideally, ones that strike a balance so as to look equally much at home in a desert camp as in the marketplace of a city (fortune-tellers’ tents and the like).

One or two additional “posh” structures to go with the shrine, the tower and the walls, so that they altogether can make a complete temple complex/compound. Perhaps one of these pieces could be a no-frills colonnaded walkway or a riwaq-type arcade, if that’s feasible to cast.

Participant

Hi, I’d like to suggest a metal smith, carpenter or potter’s workshop.

Something with their finish and unfinished wares on display would complement the scene pretty well.

Thanks peeps, all noted!

Not made any new models over the holidays, but Samantha did buy me a nice box from etsy which I lined with some felt.
    I use it to store my hand carved bone dice and my character cards for CROM!

I like the gaming accessories almost as much as the actual models when it comes to gaming, helps set the tone I feel.

Participant

Lucky chap, that’s very nice.

Participant

That is a very nice box, lucky you 🙂

Cheap as Chips too, here is the etsy store:

COOL STUFF

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 2,391 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.