Home Forums Fantasy Burning Sands Crom’s Anvil – 15mm Fantasy

Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 2,391 total)
  • Author

That’s encouraging, if I can get 3 or 4 people to stump up £15.00 I will use that to cover the moulding costs and production, then anything after that is profit.
    So…..

I will ask around and once a couple more are up for it, I will send you a paypal invoice?

Please do matey – it looks great!

Participant

That’s encouraging, if I can get 3 or 4 people to stump up £15.00 I will use that to cover the moulding costs and production, then anything after that is profit. So….. I will ask around and once a couple more are up for it, I will send you a paypal invoice?

That’s fine by me.

Thanks,

Kevin

Coolio, if you are interested can you drop me an e-mail and I will ping you an invoice.

[email protected]

Forget that, I have added it as a pre-order to the website   😀

Half way there…  😀

Just one more pre-order needed!

😀

The masters for the new figures should be done by COB tomorrow, which means once they are done, then the production moulds can be made.
    In readiness for the new figures there is the discounted pre-order for the barracks and I am making a cave/mound thing for Ekwensu, the shaman of Utuseb.

I have ordered the silicone and extra resin for the barracks building so that should be shipped/on the site in about 7 days.
    I am making a few other bits, anything you think is needed for either Simurgh, Utuseb or The Open Steppe?

Participant

I am always so amazed by your productivity!  I really like your scenery.

Participant

Wagons/carts of various types?  Maybe an “evil cult” type temple?  Sturdy gates with guard towers flanking?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Barracks mould is done, will send the pre-orders asap and will advise once on their way, big thanks to those that had faith in the great merchant Ali Durust.

Participant

He he,

seeing it like this makes it look like the entrance to a mine or something….

… INTO THE PITS WITH HIM !!! 

Cheers,

Stroezie.

Quick pics, will do some better ones soon.

Up next, the Simurgh Town Watch.

Participant

Scary looking dudes, I like it 🙂

Participant

God, I love them. Some of your best figures yet!

Participant

Those shields are greatness!

Participant

Those shields are greatness!

What he said!!!

Going to need some of those for my black reavers crew.

Cheers,

Stroezie.

Sorry for the tardiness.
    School holidays and I have been busy updating both TWW and Crom’s Anvil from a normal http site to a https site.
    I have also gotten around to sorting out the favicon for CA and uploaded some new pictures to the Heroes and Villains page.
    The Barracks pre-orders were posted yesterday and that will be on the site asap. Though currently you can still buy it at £15.00 rather than the £20.00 it will be once officially launched.

Going to try and get the Simurgh Town Watch painted and onto the CA website and then chase up the casters for the figures.

I am also being distracted by Conan Exiles on Xbox One.

Some figure pre-orders are go!!

LINK

Participant

I know how those distractions are, I too have not been doing as much work as I wish I was due to extra-computoral influences!

Is the game providing you any inspirations?

Keymaster

Is the game providing you any inspirations?

Potentially too much. So many things to take ideas from…

Quick piccy of the Simurgh Town Guard.
    Good as mercenaries, watchmen or just simple infantry.

Now ready for pre-orders.
    If you have already an outstanding pre-order and want to get these, please order away and I will refund the postage.

Participant

I like these guys, just generic enough but not without personality.

Participant

Yes, they could be useful for all sorts of roles. Lovely stuff!

Participant

Oohh!!!

Me likey! I’ll be getting me some of those!

Hey AB, any chance of a seperate shield pack for the tribal shields?

I’d love to be able to add some to my copplestone picts.

Cheers,

Stroezie.

No…  🙁

The mould is set up so that every figure in it that needs a shield gets one.
    That leaves no spares.
    The only way would be to make a new mould with just shields, but that would be expensive…

However, maybe a Crom Funder for odds and sods that could include them?
    I like the idea of selling wall mounted torches, cloth blanket awnings that can be attached to buildings, maybe a pack of shields etc..

Participant

No… 🙁 The mould is set up so that every figure in it that needs a shield gets one. That leaves no spares. The only way would be to make a new mould with just shields, but that would be expensive…

Ahh, I feared as much, to bad

How serious are your plans for that Odds and Sods crowdfunder?

Sounds interesting.

If not I guess I could always make some press molds from the shield that come with your tribal warriors when I order them.

Cheers,

Stroezie.

How serious are your plans for that Odds and Sods crowdfunder? Sounds interesting. If not I guess I could always make some press molds from the shield that come with your tribal warriors when I order them.

Very serious, lots on at the moment, so not had chance to put any real thought into it, but it would be cool beans I reckon.
    If you have any ideas please visit the Crom Funder page HERE

As for making copies of some ones IP, that would be illegal without being granted the right to copy…  😉

Barracks now on the website:

Participant

Wow ans Wow, you have been busy.  I love the guards.  I just finished painting my coppelstone guards in a similar color scheme.  They could even be painted as orcs.  I love the weapon variety.

Any news on rules?

Participant

Stroezie, I’ve ordered some of the tribal types. Since they are destined to be Homo Heidelbergensis tribesmen for prehistoric warfare I don’t need the shields.

AB Mike is happy to pop my shields into an order of yours.

Mike

(Too many Mikes 🙂  )

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Any news on rules?

Did some work the other day, now that I have some painted models to use in the rules I can make headway, when life allows….

😐

Participant

The guards look great, as does the barracks.

At this rate I don’t know if I can keep from starting up a 15mm Desert fantasy game as well!

Participant

Stroezie, I’ve ordered some of the tribal types. Since they are destined to be Homo Heidelbergensis tribesmen for prehistoric warfare I don’t need the shields. AB Mike is happy to pop my shields into an order of yours. Mike

Wow, thanks for the offer Mike, I’ll take you up on that.

Also, thanks for the heads-up AB Mike as I had indeed missed Mike’s generous offer.

(hmm, you know Mike, you may have a point about too many Mikes…..          Nah, you can never have too many Mikes )

Ok, time to fire off my order so Mike can add your shields to it 

Cheers,

Stroezie.

All the pre-orders for the new figures are packed and ready to go.

However I have yet to get replies from a few people in the USA about postage, please check for carrier pigeon message and get back to me.

Participant

I just took delivery of the latest offerings from Crom’s Anvil (Erland and Eydis, the four new tribesmen and the Simurgh Watch) and they are superb figures, full of character.  I really like the shields for the tribesmen but I’m a bit worried about how to affix them securely.  I think if you do more separate shields it might be worth putting a small indentation in the back of them so that more of the surface area of the arm of the figure can be in contact with the shield.

However, that is a very minor thing and I think this is another great set of figures.

Keymaster

I have found through trial and error…. that gluing them on before painting works. I did glue some on after the person and shields were done and they just pulled the paint off the arms. But the metal on metal have stuck fast..

Participant

Cheers Mike,

I’ll try that.  I might file the side of the arm a bit flat as well to get a better bond.

Glad they arrived ok, and glad you like them…

🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 2,391 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.