Home Forums General General After 6 years I have a gaming table again… I'm so excited!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Due to downsizing and moving and moving and moving again in the past six years, I’ve not had my own gaming table for a while. Since I don’t drive any more and my work schedule is uncooperative, it’s practically impossible for me to get to games located in other parts of town. Consequently, I haven’t played a miniatures game in five years. THAT SOON COMES TO AN END! Look at what I set up this morning.

I already had the shelving units from my wargame table years ago. The friendly cashier at the DYI store insisted on undercharging me. I paid a total price of $11.98 for four 2×4 sheets of mdf and two 8 foot 2x4s for the top. Must be fate.

The figures on the table are some 54mm ECW which I’m selling off. What finally motivated me was getting them out of the storage bin and making a few necessary repairs. Who knew selling off figures would motivate me so?

My new gaming table

Self taught, persistently behind the times, never up to date. AKA ~ jeff
    More verbosity: http://petiteguerre.blogspot.com/

Participant

As you say, it sounds a strange way to get inspired but a similar thing happened to me when I disposed of my 25mm/28mm Napoleonics. So many avenues to explore!

Glad to here your drought is coming to an end and wishing you all the best for getting back to actually gaming.

I still seem to do more thinking and talking about it than doing it. Maybe you have inspired me to do more!

Thanks!

Looking forward to hearing how playing the game again goes

Good to hear!

Participant

That is a nice space – some good quality time is on its way :-).

Participant

I’m a little jealous!  I have space in the garage to set up a table, but can’t leave it up for more than a weekend.  Someday I’ll have a spare room, or attic!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.