Home Forums Ambush Alley Games Ambush Alley News and Community Ambush Alley 2 – More Teasing!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Mrsnufflelumpyguts 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Shawn Carpenter
    Shawn Carpenter

After deciding that AA 2 and FoF 3 were definitely distinctly different critters, I’ve decided to use the “Boots on the Ground” subtitle for FoF 3. AA 2’s working title is now “Ambush Alley: CQB,” because that’s really what the game is about: Close Quarters Battle.

The table will be small, the number of units/figures will be relatively small, and the games will almost always start with both forces either already engaged or a single move away from engagement. The action, like CQB itself, will be swift, decisive, and violent!

I’m very excited about AA:CQB and I’m having a blast writing these rules. Sometimes the design process will take an unexpected turn that opens up exciting new ideas for the designer – that’s definitely been the case for this game so far. Fans of existing AAG rules will see enough familiar mechanisms that they’ll be able to pick the new rules up very quickly, but they’ll also see a lot of new and radically different mechanisms as well! AA:CQB certainly isn’t just a warmed over version of the original AA rules – it’s definitely its own beast.

I’ve put together a test scenario that uses point balanced forces (yes, you read that correctly: point balanced forces) and I’ve handed it and the rules and blind testing is in progress! I’ll keep you all in the loop as I have more news to share!

Shawn Carpenter
    [email protected]
    www.ambushalleygames.net

TXWargamer
    TXWargamer
    Participant

Exceptional. Any idea on release date?

Later
    John
    http://lzbravo.blogspot.com/

Shawn Carpenter
    Shawn Carpenter

That depends on a couple of up-in-the-air issues! I’ll let you guys know as soon as we have everything lined out.

Shawn Carpenter
    [email protected]
    www.ambushalleygames.net

Darryl Smith
    Darryl Smith
    Participant

Just checking to see if that release date is a bit more firm!

Buckeye Six Actual

Gary Grimes
    Gary Grimes
    Participant

I’m also checking to see if there are any updates.

Shawn Carpenter
    Shawn Carpenter

It is not. I’ve learned my lesson on release dates. 😉

We’ve ramped up play testing, got an artist on the hook for the cover and interior illos, and we’ll begin miniature photography soon, though.

Shawn Carpenter
    [email protected]
    www.ambushalleygames.net

William Minsinger
    Participant

I’m game.  Any plans to update Tomorrow’s War?

-Will

Shawn Carpenter
    Shawn Carpenter

We’ll be releasing a TW version of CQB, too. Also Ambush Z.

Shawn Carpenter
    [email protected]
    www.ambushalleygames.net

William Minsinger
    Participant

Great!  Still love Tomorrow’s War, a cleaned-up version would go over well.

-Will

Shawn Carpenter
    Shawn Carpenter

This will be a little more focused on small engagements than TW, but I think you’ll like it!

Shawn Carpenter
    [email protected]
    www.ambushalleygames.net

Mrsnufflelumpyguts
    Participant

Will love to see CQB created….but my interest will always be FOF…I use this fantastic ruleset for both modern and WWII games. Ill wait with great anticipation for the release of no.3….and if you really want to get our bells ringing….create a WWII supplement to go along with the modern! That would be war-gaming Valhalla….

Thanks for such a great ruleset. Kind regards – Lumpy.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.