Home Forums Horse and Musket Napoleonic Battle of Golymin 1806 AAR

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I had a go at Golymin today, a battle between the French and Russians in Poland, using the Polemos General de Division rules: AAR here http://hereticalgaming.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/battle-of-golymin-26th-december-1806.html

Keymaster

there were about 1500 figures on the table: that is why I love 6mm for big battles! You can get lots of figures on a very average sized dining table and play a game that gets a result in a short time

It does look very cool.
    ๐Ÿ™‚

Participant

Thank you!

Participant

Golymin is a great scenario. I’m surprised that Polemos includes two of Davout’s divisions as historically I think only one got into action.

1806-1807 prior to Eylau is a neat handful of scenarios. For instance, one division of Davout never arrived at Golymin because it was functioning under an ADC of Napoleon (Brigadier Joseph Fournier Marquis de D’Aultane) because the division commander was out sick (Gudin). That division didn’t heed the recall order from Davout because it came across Lannes’s V Corps fighting near Poltusk (occurred the same day), and joined the fight there.

Lots of possibilities, very neat.

A question โ€“ I was surprised to find the French rated below the Russians and Davout’s corps rated so low in particular. Does the scenario book outline design choices like that and say why or is it left up to us to guess? (I can guess, I’m just curious if the book states outright).

Cheers,

The Bandit

Participant

Hi Bandit,

There is no explanation in the scenario book for the ratings given. The increased skirmishing ability of the French does give them an advantage over their Russian counter-parts, but the Veteran rating of some of the Russian units is a stronger factor.

All the best

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.