Home Forums Ambush Alley Games Tomorrow’s War Chain of reaction questions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does an initiative unit attempting to move through the LOS of several reacting non-initiative units roll a single dice for its reaction test, or one dice per reacting unit?
    Also, assuming it wins one of those reaction tests, because successful initiative units act first in the chain, will it act before all reacting units, even those that beat it with their own reaction test, and potentially move out of LOS preventing the successful non-initiative units from firing at them?

Participant

I think IN unit rolls only one reaction dice. All that chain reaction issue is pretty well covered with examples in FoF main rulebook starting from p. 65. I don’t know why but in TW rulebook that parts seem to be missing…

Participant

Thanks Jon.

I found a copy of FoF. It seems to make sense now. It’s just odd that NI units that passed the reaction test act after NI units that failed!

That section you mentioned is in TW, on page 41.

Participant

You welcome,

yeah it is in TW book too – on p. 41 as you noticed ๐Ÿ™‚

The sequence of chain reactions is set by designers so that is way of resolving that where NI units which lost reaction act before units that passed.
    So in that combination IN unit who resolved all won reactions then is going to resolve failed reactions with diminished firepower/movement (so its harder part of reactions).

Greets

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.