Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Dr De'Aths Desert Fantasy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Sharing some WiP photos of the ancient burial mound I’m making for my Desert Fantasy project:

It’s on a 3mm MDF base with a core of polystyrene. The rocks are ornamental stones sold by the local garden centre.  I’ve glued it all in place with PVA then filled in the gaps with ‘gloop’ – a mix of brown decorators caulk, PVA, sand and water mixed to a porridge constancy.  Lastly I added a layer of sand to the wet gloop to give it a textured finish to match my board and bases.  Just waiting for it all to dry out before I paint it.

Ancient Barrow WiP

That is wicked cool and is similar to what I had in mind for a new terrain piece, I will try not to make it quite the same, but that is very cool looking!

Keymaster

Where did the sticky out bits from the second image go?

Participant

Thanks for the comments.  I’m not doing this commercially so if you’re doing something similar I don’t have an issues. As they say “imitation is the sincerest form of flattery” 

Participant

I took them off, they were just scraps of polystyrene that I put in place to support some of the stones while the glue dried.

Participant

Pretty dang cool looking.  I’d be happy to go looking for an ancient sword of power in there any day!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Keymaster

Any more desert fantasy stuff?

Participant

This is cool, I’ll have to use this sometime.

Question: where did the stick the second photo go? I thought it would be a tree stump or something.

Keymaster

Question: where did the stick the second photo go? I thought it would be a tree stump or something.

I took them off, they were just scraps of polystyrene that I put in place to support some of the stones while the glue dried.

That is what I asked, or rather thought I asked, maybe I did not!

😀

Participant

Ahhh thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.