Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi Emperor Titan Mars variant

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Having been bitten by the Adeptus Titanicus bug I wanted to add an Emperor class Titan to my game, but the ridiculous and stupid prices people want for them on flea-bay made me deiced to build my own.

WIP first draft of a Mars variant Titan, made from scrap, card, plastic and MDF, cost so far £0.50p and 6 hours of time.  Need to get some plastic tubing for large weapons.

Participant

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Geez that thing is massive!  You can also add some detail fairly easy if you have any 40k buildings laying around that you can butcher, or even Space Marines at this size, for iconography and whatnot details.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Adding detail, need to paint some liquid green stuff over parts and undercoat.  Very heavy weapons made from biros, bases and cleaning product lids.

Participant

The handmade weapons just add to its awesomeness. Part of me wants you to never paint the thing to keep displaying what it is made from.

My blog: https://littleleadwarriors.blogspot.com/

Inactive

OMGosh!  Where are my nuke launchers?  That could ruin your day!  Week!  Month!

Inactive

I do not like 40k but that requires me to admit, “Way cool!”

Participant

Cheers for all your kind comments (Siggian sorry  I have to paint it, this is why I am doing a photo record to help inspire),  Sonny I used to play 40k some 28+ years ago GW pricing policy made it easy for me to stop playing.  Now I have this retro urge to play some of their earlier games, I am building this Titan to prove you do not need to pay out vast sums of money to enjoy our hobby.

A coat of watered down liquid green stuff, awaiting undercoat.

Inactive

Yeah, I appreciate that – leaving 25+mm figures for similar reasoning.

Of course filling out my 1970s Ral Partha Dwarf/Goblin armies and Der Kriegspieler Dwarf/Lesser Goblin armies does not reflect that in my 2016 spending!

Inactive

That thing probably “points out” as a stand alone one figure Army in some games I am sure.  

Would look to see it in an AAR.

What does liquid Green Stuff do, anyway? I keep hearing about it a lot, these days.

The Titan looks great! I especially like the guns and the “salt shaker” rocket/missile launcher.

Participant

What does liquid Green Stuff do, anyway? I keep hearing about it a lot, these days.  

Liquid green stuff is a filler that drys hard and is an excellent modelling tool, it can be watered down and used as a wash on soft plastics, paper, card to stiffen up and is an excellent filler for metal or hard plastic figures.  Years ago we use to have 2 part epoxy putty for filler, liquid green stuff  has a load of uses.

Participant

Black car spray primmer, then a quick oily steel dry/wet brush.

Participant

A beast of a scratch-build, and beautiful to boot. I give it 5 city-smashing robots out of five 😉

Any plans for a chaos adversary?

Participant

When I first saw this I wasn’t sure. But as it’s gone along and finally coming to together. I must say I’m liking it, sort of inspiring me to make one.

Although there are a lot of nice models out there which can bought. There’s nothing quite like having the satisfaction of making something like this out of bits and bobs.

Participant

Cheers for all your kind comments.

Any plans for a chaos adversary?

Alexander I may make one in a few months, whilst I enjoy making such models it does eat it into painting time.

Participant

First colours on, I have not fully deiced what to call this unit generic at the moment.  I normally print my banners but the printers out of ink, so I may have to revert to painting some larger ones .  Waiting for the base to dry to work on that.

Participant

That’s some nice paint on the beast, came out great!

Participant

Finished the base and made some larger banners, all I need to do is think up a unit name.  Still WIP will add more detail as I go on.

A traitor Titan tries his luck, don’t think the void shields will hold out.

You can just about see the marine in this one, put in for scale.

Inactive

Well!  That marine gives me sense of the scale!

Participant

Cheers for you kind comments Glenn, yes when I put the marine next to the Emperor titan I was impressed at the sense of height.  Picked up “Space Marine” second edition of flea-bay an other project.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.