Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi Finally, my first game of Horizon Wars!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

After waiting what seemed like an eternity (actually just over three weeks) I finally got Horizon Wars this week.

After reading through it and making some initial forces, I was ready for the first outing:

The USS and the NIJA is on the warpath, lately lots of sabre-rattling and build-up of forces has taken place along the border worlds. This is one such world:

Planet Churchill III

A recently re-staffed USS outpost is about to come under attack by scouting elements of the NIJA.

The elements of the NIJA assigned to the mission. A P2 mech with an ace pilot, a P2 CHQ mech, some light and heavy cavalry elements and a unit of mobile infantry.

The USS base defenders consist of a P3 marauder heavy mech, a P2 CHQ mech, two units of light infantry and a heavy cavalry element.

Marauder starts trading shots with imperial forces.

It quickly turns into a slugfest at the gates, as the USS CHQ blocks entry to the base and the generator the imperials would like to destroy.

Both CHQ mechs are heavily damaged before long, but the imperial falls first, as his magazines detonate..

..But he is quickly followed by the USS CHQ, when the heavy cavalry finds an opening in the metal behemoths armour!

The mobile infantry falls prey to deadly crossfire from the infantry units dug in at the watchtowers.

In a last ditch effort to complete the sabotage part of their mission, the heavy cavalry focuses all his fire on the generator, and manages to partially destroy it. It ultimately costs him and his fellow tank their freedom however, as they are shot into submission and forced to surrender.

Still dueling the marauder at the gates, the remaining imperial realizes that he must fall back to report, so that his comrades valiant sacrifice will not have been in vain. He disengages and heads towards the waiting transports, and to beginn planning vengance missions..

I hope you liked it, I sure loved playing it, Horizon Wars is great fun so far! I have plans for many more scenarios and is looking forward to seeing more battlereports from all of you ๐Ÿ™‚

The complete AAR with a few more pics are on the blog as usual:
    http://lasersandbroadswords.blogspot.se/2016/05/finally-my-first-game-of-horizon-wars.html

Thanks for reading!

Participant

I ordered a copy yesterday so hope to receive it by the end of the week. Really looking forward to giving these a run out, with my KR-16 troops on sabot bases.

Participant

A nice story. Is this in the same universe as the adventures of the crew of the Cormmorant?

Participant

@Steve Johnson: I’ll be keeping an eye out then, love to see what you come up with!

@Thuseld
    : Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚ It is set in the same universe, I have too much stuff painted for my various fringe factions to come up with anything else at this point ๐Ÿ˜›
    When will you grace us with some action shots of your little metal men? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Keymaster

Do you think it will play well without mechs, or is it geared towards them being in it?

Participant

I think it would work just fine without mechs, the basic mechanics are the same with or without them. I would say that both sides should probably be played mech free in that case for the sake of balance, but I can’t see it being an issue as far as game mechanics go ๐Ÿ™‚

Participant

It’s really nice to see the Assassin and Spectre CAVs in play again.

Participant

There are some really nice mechs in the CAV lineup, I hope most of the remainder makes it into the bones material as well.

Participant

Great looking game! Glad you enjoyed the rules on the first play through. It is a really fun little game.

http://irregularwars.blogspot.co.uk/

Participant

Can’t say that I’m that familiar with Horizon Wars, looks interesting and some nice scenery and fluff too.

Makes me want to start painting up the couple of Mechs I have. Purchased them at Blast Tastic last year and done nothing with them.

Participant

Well a read through today and initial thoughts are that they promise to be a very nice ruleset. Die have been ordered and EM4 mechs dug out of storage for conversion work etc, which being made of plastic, should be fun and relatively easy to do.

Participant

Thanks Nic, it really is a fun game ๐Ÿ™‚

You should definitely give them a shot, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised Greg!
    Not to mention it’s a good excuse to paint your mechs, it’s a crying shame that they haven’t gotten any time on a battlefield ๐Ÿ˜‰

The EM-4 Mechs and spacecraft are impressive quality and easy to work with, just got mine the other day. I look forward to seeing what you come up with conversion-wise Steve!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.