Home Forums WWII FOW 4.0 Rules.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by kyoteblue kyoteblue 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kyoteblue
    kyoteblue
    Participant

I got my free ( owned 3rd Ed.) FOW 4.0 rules this after noon along with the 1942/1943 rule book (25.00 US.)  not had time to read thru them but as I do, I will post my thoughts, feel free to jump in with your thoughts as well.

Retroboom
    Retroboom
    Participant

I like all the changes, for the most part. Not sure if its enough to get me back into the “Flames of War community” but its a nice step. For the most part its the same game. same as v2 to v3.

kyoteblue
    kyoteblue
    Participant

It is the same game engine, I do like some of the changes , still hate Hens and Chicks for the Soviets.

kyoteblue
    kyoteblue
    Participant

First V 4 game yesterday, made mistakes and didn’t check formation morale…the unit cards are only in the new product boxes , which sucks for me as I already have tons of armies.

Charles Clay
    Participant

I’m okay with them.  I admit that I like Flames of War for the Tournament scene, and Battlefront does produce quality products that I like to support, so as long as rules are fun and playable in a tournament setting I’m good to go.

I’ve had a few V4 Late War games and am doing some MW gaming today with a friend… we’ll see how it goes!

Clay

kyoteblue
    kyoteblue
    Participant

For me it’s not the changes it’s the buying of books and cards that is off putting…I still have V 1   books !!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.