Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi Gaslands in 6mm

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

A note on doing Gaslands in 6mm and some of the vehicles I have found and my death race board taking shape – perfectly doable. Hope it is of some use. More on the blog. More here: http://rollaone.com/2017/11/29/i-am-just-here-for-the-gasoline-initial-thoughts-on-gaslands-in-6mm-and-some-notes-on-vehicles/

Participant

Niiiiice! – a well thought out and written piece,  thanks so much for posting this – particularly with the comparison photos and comments on the various manufacturers – really useful.

I guess the wave 1 Microworld/Heroics and Ros items are leaning toward 1/300th, so potential there for adding in some of those cheap architectural model plastic cars you often see on sale from Chinese sellers on EBay, whilst the classic Irregular ‘Mad Ron’ goes better with the Onslaught Limos, and Microworld Wave 2 to produce a more ‘muscular’ look……

I have plenty of all of the above lurking in the long-neglected Lead Pile, but am torn as to which to use….. Like the flexibility of the former for adding in plenty of variation, but it’s hard to shake the visual appeal of the larger items….

Really liking the look of your Gaslands track; would love to see some pics of it in action once you get underway.

Cool, indeed the comparisons are useful..
    I like the little bases with multiple vehicles on, nice.

Now if only someone did some single 6mm character models…   😀

Participant

Really helpful comparisons, thanks!

For those that didn’t make the cute for your project, do you think that some of those vehicles still work for a “normal” 6mm scale?  I’m looking for some civilian vehicles for my modern 6mm games…

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Thanks for the positive comments.

SOS – See notes on Chinese cars below, really good value.  Good luck with your choice, I will put in some game shots on the track once we get to that point.

AB – I have a few of those characters I think you are thinking about. Actually if you look really careful there is potentially a familiar one with a rifle on one of the Limousines.  I am working on some drivers and others and will post about some appropriate character models eventually.

DSG – I suppose they “rejects”  would work for normal 6mm – whatever that is?.  What range of figures are you using for your modern stuff.

With regards to civilian vehicles search for:  100pcs Unpainted Model Car Set  – and you will find some cars from China.  I just ordered this as it was £2.54.   I will post about their suitability when they arrive, it will probably take a while as they will have to come here from china.

Over and out, need to burn some tyres…

Actually if you look really careful there is potentially a familiar one with a rifle on one of the Limousines

oh yeah!
    Sweet! 😀

Participant

…adding to the last post, there are also some 1:250 scale cars that I have ordered for £5 (gives you 20) on ebay. Will post these when they arrive.

Participant

Finalised death track for Gaslands and a small seasonal greeting – more here https://rollaone.com/2017/12/20/swedish-cavalry-gaslands-and-seasonal-greetings-from-him/  All the very best!

Ooh yes, those sunken vehicles are very cool.
    Good skills that man, may nick that for my Junkers!

Participant

A follow-on look at some of the cheap architectural and railway layout model cars in 1/200 to 1/300 compared to the vehicles I have been using to do my 6mm vehicles for Gaslands. More on this blog https://rollaone.com/2017/12/31/bonus-blog-post-filler-cars-for-gaslands-in-6mm/

Also on my year end review blog entry a note on the smaller templates I got made for the game, see here https://rollaone.com/2017/12/31/2017-ending-2018-coming/

Hope it is of some interest and best wishes for 2018.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.