Home Forums WWII German fallschirmjäger 20mm

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Finished these today, 20mm plastic, German fallschirmjäger.  I have not painted any WW2 for a couple of years, figures by Airfix, Revell, Orion and various others with lots of conversions .

Participant

Very nice. 🙂

Are the three unbased ones in the first picture artillery crew?

Participant

ISTR the ESCI/Italieri box of Fallschirmjäger contained by far the greatest proportion of left-handed soldiers ever seen in a box.

All the best,

John.

Participant

Very nice. 🙂 Are the three unbased ones in the first picture artillery crew?

Yes Victoria the guns are on the work bench, cheers for your kind comment.

Participant

ISTR the ESCI/Italieri box of Fallschirmjäger contained by far the greatest proportion of left-handed soldiers ever seen in a box. All the best, John.

I could never figure that one out either John, but at least it gives lefties a chance in wargaming.  Or was Ned Flanders in on the design team.

Participant

Thanks for you kind comments Tim, yes the Airfix German para figures are a tad smaller but if I think they look smaller I solve that with a 1mm piece of cardboard on the base of each Airfix figure.  The blue shirt / jacket tended to be worn under the olive green jump suit, that is why some of the figures have a blue collar, I am not sure it fully works on these figures?.  The chaps in the blue shirt / jacket represent troops who have removed their jump suits because of the heat.  One chap has lost /ditched his jump helmet and is wearing his para forage cap.  I like a bit of uniform variation in some of my units.

The figures are Airfix, Revell or Esci.  It gives you the idea of what is possible with a sharp knife, liquid green stuff, pins, super glue, wood glue and patience.  Mainly the detail that has changed is trimming off pockets, removing and or moving water bottles, pouches, entrenching tools and building up jumpsuit legs with liquid green stuff.

Participant

I like the irregular shaped bases.  It’s the sort of thing I’ve done for terrain pieces, never thought of doing it for figure bases though.  I might have to try it in future. 🙂

Participant

I like the irregular shaped bases. It’s the sort of thing I’ve done for terrain pieces, never thought of doing it for figure bases though. I might have to try it in future. 🙂

I used to do square or round years ago Victoria, then it just struck me do irregular shapes.  Bigger than the figures weapons and pointy bits as most my WW2 is plastic the larger size bases protect their fragility.

Participant

Good stuff. I now always use pins when performing surgery for head and torso transplants. I used to use just glue, but I found heads tended to get knocked off easily, even though I am a whining sooky when it comes to friends handling my 95% soft plastic forces. So I tend to cut needles to size and impale the pieces together, with glue as well, of course.

Yes Tim always pins, glue is just not strong enough on its own.

Participant

Finished these today, 37mm A/T gun, Airfix and Revell conversions with a HAT gun on Zevzda wheels and gun carriage.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.