Home Forums General General Getting Organized

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Tim Tim 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Mr. Average
    Participant

So I realised recently that my workspace had gradually been reduced to about three square inches by my slovenly habits of organization.  So I decided to use my recent games budget for some of those nice-looking flat pack organizing furniture (what else to call them?) from Gamecraft Miniatures.  And although I neglected to take a “Before” picture, those who’ve seen any of my photos can infer the level of prior disarray from the background.  Not only could I not find anything, I was accumulating debris and dust, and destroying my brushes by not keeping them upright and clean.  Some of my models were also accumulating unplanned battle damage – suffice it to say, it wasn’t working out.

This is the “after:”

WAY better.  And I have to say the Gamecraft pieces are all super clean, and go together exceptionally easily and sturdily with just some wood glue.  I strongly recommend them.  The jig in lower left, especially, is wonderful, and fits 2 1/2″ roofing nails beautifully, which make great painting stands for 3mm scale tanks.

kyoteblue
    kyoteblue
    Participant

Very cool…  My painting desk is a mess.

Mr. Average
    Participant

I know what you mean.  I resisted for the longest time.  But it’s worth it.

norm smith
    norm smith
    Participant

It will of course return to a more ‘natural’ state soon?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by norm smith norm smith.

http://commanders.simdif.com

Mr. Average
    Participant

Well, entropy being what it is, maybe.  But it does help to have things in a reasonable but accessible place.  I live in hope!

MartinR
    MartinR
    Participant

Very neat and tidy! I don’t have a permanent painting desk, or it would just end up covered in crap. The dining table gets appropriated instead, so I’m forced to be somewhat neat as I have to lug everything up and down stairs.

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" - Helmuth von Moltke

Phil Dutré
    Phil Dutré
    Participant

I clean up my painting desk every couple of months. It always feels like a new fresh start.

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

I currently do not have a project table.  What i normally use is absolutely buried in project and boxes and paints.  Multiple layers.  An gaming archaeologists dream…  However:  It will soon be cool enough to resume moving things around in my garage and retrieving boxes and storage bins, etc (it gets to be 125*F in there in summer time…), add some shelving to the “office” (was a dining room) as well as a trio of sliding barn doors to seal it off (we have kittens, who are truly destroyers of worlds!!!) and I should be able to organize everything and set up an actual project space!  Wooooot!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Tim
    Tim
    Participant

I clean up my painting desk every couple of months. It always feels like a new fresh start.

I just did this and am rearing to get to work! 🙂

Tim
    Tim
    Participant

Very neat and tidy! I don’t have a permanent painting desk, or it would just end up covered in crap. The dining table gets appropriated instead, so I’m forced to be somewhat neat as I have to lug everything up and down stairs.

There’s a point to “just end up covered in crap”.  About 5 or 6 years ago, I had a major Hitler fit over all the crap that my wife and I just threw downstairs that eventually ended up in my model room  (she just patted me on the back, saying “there, there”).  She actually cleaned everything up while I was away and organized my modelling/painting room for me.  It’s still hard to not throw stuff in there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.