Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi How to filch some Feltz.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So over in the Sponsoring Members section we are having a build your own alien fauna competition.
    Now while I am quite happy with how my own creature turned out, and I think he’ll do well,I really liked Victoria Dickson’s creatures the Feltz.
    In fact I liked them so much I decided I had to have some for my own stables.
    Without hesitation I called upon one of the more reputable interstellar smugglers amongst my contacts to fly to Dickson’s world and get me my own little flock of the cute little blighters.

And here they are, still a little disoriented from space travel, but doing fine so far

For those of you wondering how I managed to pull this off I’ll post some pictures with bare bones explanation but before you read on be sure to check out Victoria’s original sculpts on her blog here as my sculpts are based on her creations and all credit for developing them goes to her.

So to start with I pulled out my trusty bead collection and used a 6mm and a 3mm bead, four hole punch plastic card rivets, a tooth pick and some super glue to knock together some quick and dirty armatures.

Then it was a simple matter of adding some 50/50 green stuff/milliput

And a little paint

And we can now welcome the Feltz to God’s Own Scale.

Well that’s it.
    I hope you like them, and I hope you don’t mind Victoria, they were just too cute I had to have some for myself( I’m a total sucker when it comes to cute animals, I have a dog and three cats to prove it 😉 )

Cheers,
    Stroezie.

Participant

Oh and for those of you wondering here’s my own entry for the competition

More info and pics on my blog here
    Or in the Sponsoring Members section of course 😉

Participant

I feel honoured. I love all your original sculpts, and that you’ve taken my concept and made it into something wonderful, just WOW, thank you so much. 🙂

This made my day. 🙂

Participant

Thanks, I’m glad you like them. I was a bit nervous, this is the first time I’ve ever completely copied someone elses work but there is just a simple elegance to their design that made me want to stay as true to the original as possible.

Participant

Great work!

I feel honoured. I love all your original sculpts, and that you’ve taken my concept and made it into something wonderful, just WOW, thank you so much. This made my day.

I have been delaying making my POW’s for my range (Juraped / Cow hybrids) maybe if I offer you something I can copy these and make them part of my 6mm range?
    The armoured nature of them suits my world well.

Participant

They would fit right in wouldn’t they?
    The Jurapeds are next up in my painting que, I’ll post a pic of them next to my Feltz when I finish them.

Participant

I have been delaying making my POW’s for my range (Juraped / Cow hybrids) maybe if I offer you something I can copy these and make them part of my 6mm range?

If you want to use the idea that’s more than fine with me. I wouldn’t want anything in return, honestly just being part of this site and knowing something I did is liked enough for you to want to do that is plenty. 🙂

And once again, my day is made. 🙂

If you want to use the idea that’s more than fine with me. I wouldn’t want anything in return, honestly just being part of this site and knowing something I did is liked enough for you to want to do that is plenty

If you don’t want millions of pounds, is it OK if I write you into the game world in some way connected with the beasties?

Participant

If you don’t want millions of pounds, is it OK if I write you into the game world in some way connected with the beasties?

Yes please. 🙂

Participant

Excellent modelling concepts all of you, thanks for sharing.

Participant

Ha ha!
    Feltz ranching is about to take over the explored universe,it’s gonna be big, mark my words people! :-))

Every thuseday night at Jayne’s, Feltz ribs, all you can eat!!!

Participant

Every thuseday night at Jayne’s, Feltz ribs, all you can eat!!!

Tastes like Chicken!

Participant

Ah yes, many a young colonist on Kometenmelodie has begun their career by shovelling Feltz guano…….. Stinky but a great fertiliser for the Deema fields…… 

These beasties are fantastic – both the originals and the new creations are brilliantly realised and that’s some real talent on show – would love to see them become commercially available…..

Hoping to see lots more inspiring work to come from both Victoria and Stroezie

Participant

As promised a pic of the Feltz with some Angel Barracks beasties

The feltz bull wearily eyes a pack of razor hounds as they chase a passel of jurapeds.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.