Home Forums Nordic Weasel Games Sci-fi / Fantasy Huge Five Parsecs update

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

A ton of changes, improvements and player feedback additions to make Five Parsecs cooler than ever.

http://fivemennormandy.blogspot.com/2018/01/five-parsecs-from-home-mega-update.html

100% free of course, just download your file again from the Wargamevault.

Participant

Thanks, I’ve downloaded the updated rules. Reading the rules I realized I’m a little rusty on Five Core rules.

Participant

Cheers!

This is actually a complete change from the FiveCore mechanics and written specifically for solo gaming instead.
    Hope it works for you!

Participant

How compatible will my Five Parsecs 1st ed “group” be with the 2nd edition and Gang Warfare rules?

Please visit my OSR products for sale at
    www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/17194/Punkrabbitt-Publishing

Participant

Cheers!

Most of the same dice results for character creation will be in the new version.

If you have skills, upgrades etc., much of that will NOT carry over. I suggest taking each “trait” you earned and converting it to 5 XP, then buying some stat upgrades instead.
    For some of the stranger character types, you will have to fiddle with it a bit or create a special rule or two.

I thought I had this already but I did not so just got it.

Participant

Another question: is Five Parsecs 2nd Edition still FiveCore? Reading commentary, it looks like it might not be the same rules engine.

Please visit my OSR products for sale at
    www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/17194/Punkrabbitt-Publishing

Participant

No, it’s an original (but very simple) system geared specifically for solo play.

Participant

I finished reading the rules last night and I like the new initiative system. I had my doubt but the enemy behavior is also simple enough for me to use.

Participant

Yeah, i think the new initiative mechanic flows a lot better. I wish I had thought of that up front.

The AI stuff is something that can be tweaked almost indefinitely.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.