Home Forums Ancients L'Art De La Guerre rules

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I just got a copy of these rules so I may get back into Ancients gaming. I’ll be using my old 15mm DBM/A armies.

Participant

So have I!  I bought the rules ages ago but finally got around to playing seriously at the start of the month.  These blog posts may help you – http://blog.vexillia.me.uk/search/label/Addled

Participant

They seem like an excellent set of rules. I have owned them for a while but not yet gamed with them. I have a feudal English army in the process of being painted up and will be fighting the Scottish, Welsh, Irish armies in time. Although I wont be entering tournaments – they just seem like a really good evolution of the DBx system.

Participant

Thanks, Guys, a few of the local players are using these rules and I learn by playing so I hope to get some learning games in soon.

Participant

Hello Kyote,

I came across these rules about 7 years ago when they were only in French.  I used Google translate and thought they would be a great set of rules that I could really get into.  When they came out in English, I got in early on pre-order  for the rules.  I have been too busy with my own rules or WW2 to even give them a decent reading.  From what I have read and heard about them, they are great and would suit me down to the ground.  If only I could focus 🙂  Ancients is such a great wargaming period.  Any particular armies you think you will use?  I seem to remember being envious that you had a Viking army.

Participant

Hey Shaun, I do have a huge Viking army. Edit, I did love playing Mongols and still have them. Along with Normans Ottomans Carthaginians and a few Romans.

Participant

I’m really enjoying these rules. This is the ruleset to finally get me to make an ancient army.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.