Home Forums Nordic Weasel Games Sci-fi / Fantasy LaserStorm Unit Designer and Amry Builder

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Well, it took me a while, but I finished an Excel Spreadsheet based LaserStom Unit Designer and Army Builder Tool.  I have built unit designers for Dirt Side and Strike Legion.  We use it in our local games and after a lot of testing believe we have all the bugs worked out.  You have to copy the unit profile at the bottom of worksheet and paste into a PowerPoint presentation or word document.  I use a different worksheet for Infantry, Guns, Light Vehicles, Vehicles, Super Heavy Vehicles, and Behemoths.  If you are interested in a free copy then write me:  [email protected], and request a copy.  I limit infantry weapons to -4, light vehicle weapons to -4, and vehicles to -6.  Infantry can have two weapons, light vehicles 2 weapons, guns 1 weapon, vehicles 4 weapons, super heavy vehicles 6 weapons, and behemoths to 8.  I built the unit designer to support the play of LaserStorm as a hobby.

Participant

Dang, that’s pretty wicked.

Participant

Ivan; In case you didn’t notice, he’s the “buddy” I was taking about in the other thread.  He really has spent a lot of time wringing the bugs out.  Quite honestly, it adds huge flexibility to the game.  You should try it when you get time.  Incidentally, Will is a former Lieutenant Colonel that has spent time overseas writing tables of organization and equipment for allied militaries, I am a retired Apache pilot, and my opponent from yesterday is a former Mech Scout Platoon Sergeant who worked at the Simulation Center at Ft Hood, Texas.  We like your game a lot and have been recording and tracking our “house rules”.  I’ll see if we can compile them and send them to your e-mail address.  Thanks for the fun!!

Scott

Participant

That’s really usefull 🙂

Participant

This looks like a super useful tool, thank you so much Willard Moore.  I was trying out a couple of units I have and my costing for aim is not the same as in the spreadsheet.  I thought an aim of 5+ was free increased +1 for infantry and +2 for others per pip and affected by weapons with a save of 4+, multiplied by the number of weapon slots.  Not getting any of this on the spreadsheet.

Participant

Ivan; In case you didn’t notice, he’s the “buddy” I was taking about in the other thread. He really has spent a lot of time wringing the bugs out. Quite honestly, it adds huge flexibility to the game. You should try it when you get time. Incidentally, Will is a former Lieutenant Colonel that has spent time overseas writing tables of organization and equipment for allied militaries, I am a retired Apache pilot, and my opponent from yesterday is a former Mech Scout Platoon Sergeant who worked at the Simulation Center at Ft Hood, Texas. We like your game a lot and have been recording and tracking our “house rules”. I’ll see if we can compile them and send them to your e-mail address. Thanks for the fun!!

Scott

A bigger resume than mine for sure 🙂

Yeah, if you can compile it all, I’d love to have a gander, this is the perfect time for it.

Participant

Tim, it was a local decision to use 1 point for +5, instead of 0, it is changed easily.  We also use 1 point for weapons cost for range 10, since the rules state no weapon can be free, so I assigned a cost there.

Participant

I wrote an e-mail, but I didn’t get a response yet… I’d really like to have that unit builder. Please, please? 🙂

Participant

Could anybody else share that unit builder, please? I would really appreciate to have a  tool like that.

Participant

Greetings Skullhamma, I am a little busy right now finishing up grad school for this semester, working full time to pay the bills, and keeping the wife, gran kids, and two cats happy.  That being said the email from this site went into my junk email, and I just saw your post when I was cleaning out the junk email box.  Send me an email to [email protected] and I will send you the LaserStorm unit designer.   That is a zero after moorew.

Cheers

Participant

Thanks Willard, I wrote again! 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.