Home Forums Horse and Musket 18th Century Lee's Legion

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Cameronian Cameronian 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cameronian
    Cameronian
    Participant

The start of what’s going to be a glacially slow project:

General Slade
    General Slade
    Participant

Speaking as someone who only ever makes glacially slow progress on any project I’d say you’ve got off to a flyer if you only bought the figures a few weeks ago and have already painted and based them.

It is a good-looking unit.  I’m a sucker for Tarleton helmets.  They may have been hopelessly impractical and uncomfortable to wear but I do think they look pretty stylish.

Is the cavalry standard based on a known flag?

Cameronian
    Cameronian
    Participant

Thanks for your interest.

I’ve still got a couple more cavalry bases to get and the non-legion foot elements and then the rest of the army.  At the moment I’m undecided whether to stick with Perry for principal units and go for a cheaper alternative for the rest or the latter for them all.

As to the flag I’ve honestly no idea, it kept turning up in searches for Lee’s Legion, so …  The same thing’s going to happen with Washington’s Legion as so far the flag (Eutaw flag) for the 3rd dragoons is from the maybe apocryphal story of Col. Washington’s fiancee’s drapes.

General Slade
    General Slade
    Participant

I didn’t know the story about using the curtains for flag but it’s one of those that you really hope is true.

I’m been planning to get hold of Richardson’s Standards and Colors of the American Revolution because I find the flags of the period fascinating so if I find any details I will let you know.

Good luck with the project.

Cameronian
    Cameronian
    Participant

I might need luck to avoid running out of steam long before the end.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.