Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi Legio XXII “Vastitas” – Vanguard 3mm SF

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Rhoderic Rhoderic 6 days, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mr. Average
    Participant

After much cajoling I finally agreed to do a 3mm army from Vanguard’s own gothic alternate universe, and to set it apart I decided to take a more gritty, military approach to this one. They’re the Legio XXII “Vastitas,” of the Triumvirate of Aquilae.

Aquilae is in a minority among the Novan states in that it’s a mercantile republic, with a smaller military budget and therefore a tendency to use their Elites as special forces, where other states (like Fero) use them as full-on shock troops. The XXII Legion is therefore a more specialized unit, set up for long range desert warfare and raiding operations.

Compared to Imperial Fists and the Unnamed Legion, you can see their use of camouflage immediately sets the whole design apart.

More as I go forward!

ian pillay
    ian pillay
    Participant

Mr Average, that is not average brush work! That is fantastic rush work. Look forward to seeing your other forces. I am looking forward to getting these 3mm sci-fi figures but must resist until my Zulu project is finished…..

Tally-Ho!

Thaddeus Blanchette
    Thaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

These are really looking good, Mat! Hope to see the infantry, soon.

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Rhoderic
    Rhoderic
    Participant

Top-notch painting. I hope you’ll write more fluff as the project advances, also.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.