Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi Macro lens for phones.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Stroezie Stroezie 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Stroezie
    Stroezie
    Participant

Hey peeps,

as my new phone was having problems focusing on my wee little men I decided to fly in some help from china in the form of this little chap

It’s a clip on macro lens which you simply slide on over your phone camera lens et voila

No extra zoom or nothing, just switched on the camera and snapped a pic.

It’s not perfect and I’ll have to experiment some to find out what it can and can’t do but for a little under 2 euros (macro,wide angle and fish eye lenses + clip) I’m not complaining.

So, do any of you have any experience using these type of things and if so, got any pointers?

Cheers,

Stroezie.

If you like 6mm scifi check out http://planetares6.blogspot.be/?m=0

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

I have none, but want to have one as I have the same issues!  And my digital camera is 15 years old and showing it’s age to boot.  I am all ears here.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

greg954
    Participant

Basically what Darkest Star Games has said. I might get one, but can’t offer any help either.

Autodidact-O-Saurus
    Autodidact-O-Saurus
    Participant

I’ve been thinking about this, too. I haven’t pulled the trigger on buying one, though. The depth of field in your picture looks quite narrow. I would think that might end up being a problem.

Self taught, persistently behind the times, never up to date. AKA ~ jeff
    More verbosity: http://petiteguerre.blogspot.com/

Thuseld
    Thuseld
    Participant

I got some as a gift last year, took them to Berlin and have never used them since. Might break it out and see what it looks like for my 6mm minis.

greg954
    Participant

Just ordered one. At 2 quid you can’t go wrong. Might just be the thing. Since I’ve got quite a few pic s to do over the coming weeks.

Stroezie
    Stroezie
    Participant

Ok, so I’ve been taking some more pictures with the lenses and I have to admit I have  some mixed feelings about them.

While the wide angle and fish eye lens give a nice effect, you can do both these things digitally so ymmv.

As for the macro lens, Autodidact-O-Saurus is spot on about the very narrow depth of field, it’s great for taking a quick picture of 6 to 12 mm figure, anything bigger starts to blur around the edges.

I still don’t regret buying them but if you have the pixels to spare you’re probably better off taking an unzoomed picture and then cropping out the figures you want.

If you like 6mm scifi check out http://planetares6.blogspot.be/?m=0

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.