Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi AB's 6mm sci-fi topic

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 451 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by Darkest Star Games Darkest Star Games 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 441 through 452 (of 452 total)
  • Author
    Thuseld
    Thuseld
    Participant

Right well now I can remove “angel barracks” from my searches. Thanks for the scatter though. Just trying to branch away from green. I want it more generic, but not just painted grey.

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

So, I have the urge to make a Junker building of some sort…  but what?
    Suggestions?

I kind of want to make a huge towering Junker skyscraper that is just a giant pile of stuff, but wonder how much of a folly it would be?

Bozz Connelly
    Bozz Connelly
    Participant

It would be total and complete folly!!

That said, I must have one and demand to see a prototype! 😉

"You will NOT call me sir! I actually WORK for a living"
    - Every drill-sergeant ever

Ivan Sorensen
    Ivan Sorensen

When you say “huge” do you mean “huge” or do you mean “huge for 6mm” or “huge compared to any 6mm terrain out there” ?
    🙂

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://sites.google.com/site/nordicweaselgames/

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

When you say “huge” do you mean “huge” or do you mean “huge for 6mm” or “huge compared to any 6mm terrain out there” ? 🙂

I am no longer sure.
    I was thinking about using a takeaway coffee cup as the skeleton for the build, is that the last two?

Earther
    Earther
    Participant

Sort of like a jury-rigged atmosphere processor thing?

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

Sort of like a jury-rigged atmosphere processor thing?

More a big pilo’crap.

So coffee cup sized, with maybe a gantry or two hanging out from the edges with cranes and cables hanging down.
    Maybe a lift uses one of the gantry cables?

Some posh penthouse type thing on the top, or maybe a landing pad up there.

Some ladders and stairs and platforms sticking out from the side.

It started off as something, maybe a crashed ship or summat, then rather than build out, they built up.
    The RDF have no flying stuff so it would mean any attackers would have to fight their way inside and then upwards.

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

kinda like this but a touch better  😉

Thuseld
    Thuseld
    Participant

That looks promising. I wish I kept all my rubbish.

jagannath
    Participant

I’ve got a half formed 6mm Ork project on the go at the moment (like Gorkamorka but not skirmish) and I’d love to make a massive gargant, downed spaceship or other such behemoth that’s been turned into an orky-shanty. What about some sort of junker equivalent?

Like this gargant assembly site:

Maybe a power station? Or part of a downed ship? Sorry, don’t know the Junkers fluff enough.

I keep meaning to buys one of these and 6mm-ify it

http://www.npmodels.co.uk/a1-gallery3.asp?roomID=724&pictureID=47786

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  jagannath.

jagannath
    Participant

Sorry – just seen that’s there’s been a few more replies than I’d noticed. Looks like we’re on a similar page AB!

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

I like the looks of that so far Mike.  As most ships would probably have their decks aligned like a skyscraper (thrust would be”down”, flips at the halfway point to decelerate so the force would still be “down”) it makes sense if this were part of a crashed or defunct space vessel.  I’d say “no” to the landing pad on top, but if not a posh penthouse then maybe a comm relay?  Or maybe it’s a TV or propaganda transmission site?  Or maybe it is indeed like apower plant.  Sort of like this?:

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 12 posts - 441 through 452 (of 452 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.