Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi NEW 6mm Miniatures Now Available

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lonnie Jones 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Lonnie Jones
    Participant

Soldurios 6mm miniatures are NOW available @ zombiesmith.com for purchase!

Extremely excited– more will of course be added to the line as is opportune.

Now available for purchase are standard infantry in packs of 32 & the elite fighters from the Yakuzatek Empire (‘Quads’) in packs of 24.

Some of the standard infantry models.

Some of the elite fighters that come in packs of 24.

Stop by zombiesmith and check out the section to see more pictures and read a greater description of the models.

Mike
    Mike
    Keymaster

See that is dangerous, Quar and these in one place!!

Lonnie Jones
    Participant

See that is dangerous, Quar and these in one place!!

Hehehe… those 6mm Quar tanks would look mighty sexily clad beside some Soldurios infantry forces…

Lonnie Jones
    Participant

What would everyone think if there were a sort of monthly competition that would allow you to paint & compete with your miniature-miniatures (6mm)? I am thinking of opening up an active submission pool where customers can submit their painted packs of miniatures for a friendly community based competition such as a painting challenge.

Essentially the pool would open and be active for challenge & rewards after ‘x’ amount of submissions by the middle of the month, let’s say the 15th of every month…

Contributors must submit their successful/shipped order ID (reference number from ZombieSmith) and high-quality images of their painted miniatures for submission to be accepted no later than the 15th of that month.

Voting will be opened up on the best-of submissions selected by a fixed number of judges- the contributions would then be voted for by the community with the total number of votes being counted by that month’s end…

The winner/s would then be chosen and notified by the 1st of the following month, and would receive a free pack of miniatures of their choosing. Repeat contributors would be allowed, but rewards for repeat contributors only allowed once every-other-month (so you can still win the honor of placing in the competition- the runners up would then receive the prize, and so on and so forth)…

Images would need to be of high-quality, and voting will be done either through here, or through Facebook. Also, contributors must surrender their images to us, so we can openly post in the competition and use for showcasing the miniatures through ads or promotional material.

Is this something people would be interested in?

Mike
    Mike
    Keymaster

Why the order ID?

Lonnie Jones
    Participant

As I was thinking it out I thought about how easy it is to strip miniatures and repaint. 6mm Would be a cinch compared to larger scales.

Mike
    Mike
    Keymaster

Are people not allowed to enter second hand miniatures they have repainted, or second hand miniatures that they have bought from someone who does not want them and then painted the first time?

Are figures out there from the KS, was there a KS, sorry I forget now..?
    What is your definition of a high quality image?

I honestly dont want to seem negative, but it seems a very strict set of criteria for a $4.00 prize and cant help but think some people will be turned off, which clearly you dont want.

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Honestly, I would think if a competition was only open to a certain manf. minis then it should probably be hosted on their proprietary forum or blog, with updates and mentions in other blogs or forums.  That way there is more control over what info is sent where.  Someone putting their order info out in the open could be a recipe for troubles of various sorts.

You might be better served getting high quality images just by asking for them, many people are enthusiastic about just having their work shown and may not require compensation.  (which reminds me that I have a gallery that sorely needs attention…)

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Lonnie Jones
    Participant

Oh no- I do not intend to have people supplying their order info out online in  a forum, merely that it would possibly be used for validation. The images would be seen publicly.

Putting words into my mouth there. 😉

As it is there has been a great bit of contribution of artists supplying high quality images of painted miniatures. I am merely wondering if the community which pays money to purchase that product, would be interested in a friendly competition to display their art- with the best voted art being given a free reward at minimal value… nothing too ‘crazy’ or out of the norm!

Lonnie Jones
    Participant

Well this is why I wanted to do a forum and post this in a conversation to sort of gauge and figure out how it would be conducted- not set in stone as of yet.

Are people not allowed to enter second hand miniatures they have repainted, or second hand miniatures that they have bought from someone who does not want them and then painted the first time?

OF COURSE, but my major concern is that I am looking to build a community and establish a customer base that will have the satisfaction of knowing their purchase goes beyond simply buying another bunch of miniatures to set on a shelf or tabletop- how it will ultimately be developed will be something that is established over time and obviously with much communication. I think if a competition is to be held with a reward of monetary value, irregardless of whether it was a $0.01 or $1,000,000.00 it only seems fair to give people who have paid for the miniatures as a first-hand product the first chance to reap that reward. And since it is an extremely minimal investment for someone already interested in the miniatures in one form or another it doesn’t seem to be such a outlandish request. Again, I don’t see an issue with using miniatures painted second-hand used for competition I would need more feedback from people who are purchasing to see if this is something they see as fair or not before ultimately choosing how it will work, if it is even done.

What is your definition of a high quality image?

Anything that could be used online or in print media that shows clear definition and detail of the object, and the image in its entirety.

I honestly dont want to seem negative, but it seems a very strict set of criteria for a $4.00 prize and cant help but think some people will be turned off, which clearly you dont want.

Again, this is not set in stone, and not necessarily strict criteria. Just establishing some level of rules for which people could expect to participate. What is a competition if it were not for rules anyways? It’s all good- whether this happens or not, this gives me some insight into how people would see such an event, and whether there is even any interests.

Are figures out there from the KS, was there a KS, sorry I forget now..?

There are figures from the KS out there, and there were several requests sent out for people who participated to be involved with the miniature promotional and advertising campaign by submitting their painted miniatures to be used for the website. I see the KS and now the miniatures finally being sold elsewhere as two different moments in development and time- two different opportunities to interact with one another.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.