Home Forums Modern New Blog on Arab-Israeli Wars

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I thought you would lose all of them.    Still reading 5CCC.

Participant

Really enjoyed that, thanks. 🙂

Avi’s men became part of Company A, 4th Battalion. And the men became a part of Company D because part of becoming a ‘real’ infantry unit was understanding their numbers placed them at the platoon level, not the company level; this also meant that some of the promotions were going to have to be walked back, in order to conform to the brigade’s table of organization. That is, the men became 1st Platoon, Company A, 4th Battalion, 10th (“Harel”) Brigade

I don’t understand the Company D bit.

Participant

John – It was awful close, wasn’t it?  I was kinda worried about the same thing.  But after the game is over you roll to see how bad they were hit; Ivan was telling you about that on your “5Core for Vietnam” thread.

Vicki – Thanks, and “I don’t understand the Company D bit.”
    That is just a typo, should be Company A.  I was just making the point that initially the band of gypsies was referring to itself as “The Company,” and it was even kind of encouraged when they first became Haganah, but when they were sort of ‘inducted’ into an actual unit they were the size of a conventional rifle platoon, and so that is how they were designated (as a platoon, not a company).

That’s it for a little bit with these guys.  They’re resting and refitting, but still have a long way to go for the War for Independence.  Next up (probably Thursday), it’s back to Cuba Libre, where things are heating up again in South Leon, doing some modern gaming using the old “Ambush Alley” rules.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

Thinking about it your fight and mine almost seem like a wild west gun fight.

Participant

Maybe, I dunno.  See, I can’t see your fight, because you didn’t take pictures and post them on a blog for all of us to read 😉

Hmmm…  I think mine wasn’t like an Old West gunfight, mine was more like a WWI ‘over the top’ fight, where all my knuckleheads ran into the street and hoped they wouldn’t get hit, but did…

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

There are some pics of the table on my Facebook page…..wink wink. I’m doing some stuff and will try running it again and get pics on my Facebook page.

Participant

mine was more like a WWI ‘over the top’ fight, where all my knuckleheads ran into the street and hoped they wouldn’t get hit, but did… V/R, Jack

I had the same feeling about it, really bad luck on the dice.

Participant

Vicki – “I had the same feeling about it, really bad luck on the dice.”

I keep complaining about bad dice, but the truth is, nah, it’s not.  They ran out in the street and got mowed down, which is what should have happened, and why one doesn’t run out into the street with non-suppressed enemy troops nearby 😉

Don’t worry, they’ll get better.  Just not this war; certainly in 1956 they will be more professional 😉

V/R,
    Jack

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.