Home Forums General General One sided order tokens?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Ivan Sorensen Ivan Sorensen 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ivan Sorensen
    Ivan Sorensen

Couldn’t figure out where else to put this.

I am wanting to do something with the old Adeptus Titanicus / Space Marine rules but I need some order tokens.

Now, yes, I can print some out and make them myself but I am wondering if there’s anything out there in plastic or wood that I could buy, something with a bit of heft.

There needs to be 4 types: Charge, Advance/Move, Fire and Fall Back.

And they need to be blank on one side, so you can place them without revealing the order selected.

Anything comes to mind?

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://sites.google.com/site/nordicweaselgames/

zippyfusenet
    zippyfusenet
    Participant

Buy an old Scrabble set and stick gummed labels over the letter side of the tiles?

You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

Mike
    Mike
    Keymaster

I had the dial dude make me some, very reasonable price.

Card but you can add pretty logos, in case you fancy OTT.

Or Litko?

Ivan Sorensen
    Ivan Sorensen

I kinda want something with a little bit of heft to them.

Litko is a good suggestion.

Nordic Weasel Games

Mr. Average
    Participant

If you’re in the United States, try Zekim Design Studios, if they’re still around.  They did a whole set of Dirtside II counters for me – felt-backed clear acrylic with the design in printed color mounted to the back – and at a very reasonable price.  You have to make the counter templates yourself using their java applet, but once you’re used to it, it’s quite a breeze, and the prices were VERY good.  That was a few years ago, however, and their website looks a bit slim on options these days, so maybe an email to them would sort it out.  My info on them might be out of date by now.

Litko is a good choice too, pricier but definitely way classy, with the colored acrylics.  They are definitely my go-to company for the classy tokens.  They also do well for Space Marine style stuff, with blasts, nukes, flaming wreckage… the works.  This one, in fact, looks like a good bet for starters:

http://www.litko.net/products.php?product=Personalized-Game-Tokens-%28Basic-Shapes%2C-set-of-10%29

Phil Dutré
    Phil Dutré
    Participant

Don’t you have access to a laser-cut workshop? So-called FabLabs are springing up all over …

Les Hammond
    Participant

Painted coins?

6mm France 1940

Tim
    Tim
    Participant

Larger poker chips, write a letter or abbreviation on one side?  Mind you, the plastic ones have less heft than the larger scrabble tiles, if heft is really what you want.

Wait, here’s an idea for heft, I just thought of.  Have you ever installed or seen installed ceramic or porcelain tiles?  The smaller ones come stuck to a mesh to ensure even spacing for placement and grouting.  They also come with spacers (in the example site)  You can go to a home depot or other home renovation store and find simple square ones, or even hexes, that are the same colour.  Just cut them apart – I never tried pulling them off the mesh or not, but it should be easy and might require no more than a scraper if it’s difficult to do – ask the person in that area if it’s possible to take the mesh off.

Here’s a pic of what they look like (I did a quick search on ceramic tile sheets) to give an idea:

The above are 2″ by 2″ and you can definitely get smaller.  Also you can get just one colour like white, green (the colour I’ve put in), black, etc  These are not on a mesh, but have spacers (usually plastic) in them.

I got the picture from a site that talks about using same tiles for photos.  It may be of interest as it shows taking the tiles apart:

Photo Tile Magnet

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Tim Tim. Reason: Added the tile thing
    Ivan Sorensen
    Ivan Sorensen

You guys are marvelous 🙂

Nordic Weasel Games

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.