Home Forums Horse and Musket 18th Century Ottoman/GNW Scenario Book

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The second scenario book for the 2nd edition Twilight of the Sun King rules is now available from the Pike and Shot Society.

The Ottoman scenarios cover the action against the Poles and Imperialists at Parkany 1683. Two actions and a ‘What if’ against the Russians in the 1711 campaign. Finally, the battle of Peterwardien 1716 against Eugene of Savoy’s Imperialists.

From the Great Northern War the Swedes take on Russians at Narva 1700, Holowczyn and Lesnaya both1708 and Storkyro 1714. The other scenarios, Crossing the Duna 1701, Klissow 1702 and Gadebusch 1712, feature battles against the Saxon, Polish and Danish armies.

The rules and the scenario books are available from here – http://www.pikeandshotsociety.org/

Participant

I just followed your link and went on the Pike and Shot Society website and boy are there a lot of books I would like to buy.  There should be some kind of warning on the sales page that says “Browsing any further could seriously impair your financial health.”

Participant

A pause here while I put on my Pike and Shot Society members hat. Yes the society has some seriously good books and also the society magazine has very good articles as well. It costs £24 pounds for membership that lasts 6 issues of the magazine and you get very substantial discounts on all the society publications.

Seriously as a ‘punter’ you should consider membership as you can get your money back via the discounts and even save money. Plus you get some good quality magazines as well.

Participant

Seriously as a ‘punter’ you should consider membership as you can get your money back via the discounts and even save money. Plus you get some good quality magazines as well.

I’m sold. Though my financial situation is a bit precarious right now so I might have to wait a month or two before I join the society and start ‘saving’ money by buying books I can’t afford (and didn’t know I wanted until about an hour ago).

A great contribution to history and wargaming!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.