Home Forums Modern QRF 15mm Modern French Desert Force

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

All,

Moving on to my next set of Modern troops, I’d previously completed a French force in Woodland camo, ready for worldwide deployment.  Here are their counterparts, prepared for action in the more hot and dusty locales.  The vast majority of this force is from QRF, though there are a few Peter Pig guys thrown in at the end (because they’re wearing berets, and I wanted some guys wearing berets).

The whole force, a platoon, of thirty-two men from seven different QRF packs (Leaders, Riflemen firing, Riflemen moving, Riflemen with FELIN, AT4s, SAWs, and Snipers) and one Peter Pig pack.  I painted them with a bit of variation: the base uniform, if you will, is the French desert camo uniform with desert camo helmet cover and desert boots.  But looking at images online, I found quite a few photos of places such as Mali and Afghanistan, that showed French troops with Woodland camo blouses (with desert camo trousers), Woodland camo helmet covers, helmets without helmet covers, and black boots.  So I mixed all of that in quite liberally to give the troops that ‘lived in’ look.  Of course, they all get my standard desert basing.

A cool pose, trooper standing by with FAMAS, AT-4 slung over one shoulder.  The guy on left has woodland cammie blouse over desert trousers, the guy on right has full desert uniform.  To see more pics, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2017/03/qrf-15mm-modern-french-desert-force.html

More to follow.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

They look good, Jack.

Participant

Nice. 🙂

I’ve completely lost the will to do any hobby related stuff, I need to get back into it.

Participant

No matter how crazy life is for me gaming always helps me keep going. Hope you get your groove back Victoria.

Participant

While the Minimi SAW feels small, it’s only 1053mm long, or about the same length as an M16 (10mm in this scale) compared to 7mm for the FAMAS.

There is this general perception that guns (and tanks) must be huge, which is often not the case. That said, it does look like that arm sagged at some point to I may redo that pack, and perhaps expand the range.

QRF Models Limited
    www.quickreactionforce.co.uk

Participant

Kyote – Thanks man!  And gaming keeps me going too; I actually get palpably frustrated and anxious when I don’t get to game for a bit.  Like now 😉

Vicki – How ’bout dis: Get off your butt and do some molding, painting, and gaming!  Feel better? 😉

Geoff – I can appreciate what you’re saying, and the guy with the sagging arms, his SAW is actually not bad.  But the guy firing off-hand, and the guy moving up:

It’s too short man, and I’m not talking about the muzzle (okay on a cut-down version, I guess), I’m talking about the upper receiver and the foregrip/barrel.  In my estimation, the foregrip/barrel should go just a little past his front hand, and the front sight post/muzzle another mm or two.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

Juste Jacques:

Mon dieu, ils sont tellement formidable. Manifique! Suivant-next?

Salut mon ami.

Pepe du Quebec.

Participant

The weapon master should be the same, but I’ll take a look at it.

QRF Models Limited

Participant

Rod – Merci beaucoup.

Geoff – Sorry man, not trying to cause any trouble, it’s just that I’ve put quite a few rounds through a SAW and the proportions seemed off.

So you’ve got the stock (a folding, wire stock, in this case) at left, the receiver at left center, the barrel/foregrip at right center, and the front sight post/muzzle at right.  To me it looks like your model is missing most of the barrel/foregrip, that the receiver is pretty much running straight into the front sight post/muzzle.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

I see what you mean. I’m just carving some more rifles so I may make a new M249/Minimi and replace the figures.

QRF Models Limited

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.