Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi Régiment de Fer (3mm Scale O8/NCE)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mr. Average 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mr. Average
    Participant

I finally had a good start on a force I’ve been working up for the game Planetary Operations.  You might have seen the Bolo and ENSPUN armored units elsewhere.  Well, this is another force from the same universe.  It’s the 44e Régiment de Cuirassiers, also known as the Régiment de Fer or “Iron Regiment,” a veteran force of armor in the service of the United States of Western Europe.  The main guts of the force are twofold: an expanded Mechanized Infantry Brigade and a reinforced Armored Brigade.  The resulting force is far larger than a Regiment, but the name has stuck due to tradition and inertia.  The prototype of the Mechanized forces is done, and I’m quite happy with the effect:

Infantry is the trusty O8 “Venator” powered armor, the IFV is the National Cheese Emporium “Team Kukri” unit, repurposed from the Vatican Palatine Guard, which ended up looking too garish for my tastes.  Since Planetary Operations plays more like a modernized Kriegsspiel, the units represent companies, and Mechanized Infantry are based with their carriers to represent this – in my set anyway.  Have to see what happens next with this one.

Thaddeus Blanchette
    Thaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

Lovely stuff! And thanks for a shot of some Venerators!

The NCE carrier looks great! They are really improving their stuff! Is that a print or a metal cast?

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Mr. Average
    Participant

It’s a print – Frosted Ultra Detail.  As an experiment I got some in FXD when it was on sale, but for the life of me I can’t see any difference between the two.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.