Home Forums Air and Sea Naval Request Permission to Come Aboard

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m Brian Weathersby, also known as BrianW here and over at TMP.  I’m primarily a naval gamer with an interest in the Age of Sail.  I have a blog at: https://mymodelsailingships.blogspot.com .  Although I’ve had an account here for some time, I really haven’t done much with it.  So, without going too much into politics, let’s just say that I think it’s time to broaden where I hang out in the miniature wargaming cyberspaces.  If I need a reference , I think Vol and (maybe) Rory will vouch for me.

All joking aside, I’m looking forward to posting pictures and game reports over here.

BWW

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    Who maketh my spirit to shine
    --Warren Zevon

Participant

Welcome, I look forward to reading your AAR’s and what else you post.

Participant

You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

Participant

Well, given how many times my avatar has been shot out of the sky, I might be a famous German flying ace….  I do need to find an avatar that better reflects my gaming interests, but I like Snoopy.  What can I say?

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    --Warren Zevon

Participant

Hey there KB!  I’m glad to see you are still around.

BWW

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    --Warren Zevon

Hi,

Welcome aboard – I was only reading your blog the other day and remembering the vacuum scenery you mentioned a few posts ago.

Cheers

Participant

I like it a lot here on TWW  all gaming all the time.

Participant

PLS,

Oh yes, the island is from Amera Moulding in the UK.  I got it from a distributor here in the US, but I don’t remember which one.  Summertime and homeowner crises have kept me from posting very much this last month, but I’m hoping to catch up soon.

BWW

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    --Warren Zevon

Keymaster

Thanks for being part of our community!

Having been involved in wargaming forums for many years I now it is vital the membership reaches a “critical mass”. An avalanche of spam does not a forum make and, sure, whilst quality of posts are an issue so is number. Any forum that doesn’t have enough vocal members (or loses them in large numbers) will die. So: welcome!

Naval warfare, especially AoS, is something I want to do some day. So, Brian, I warn you now that a bunch of probably dumb questions will be headed your way.

donald

BTW WD3….you can belong to more than one forum.

http://www.wd3.org.uk/index.php

Participant

Welcome, looking forward to a naval dimension.

Participant

Hiya Brian.

OB
    http://withob.blogspot.co.uk/

Participant

Welcome, Brian,

I, too, have enjoyed reading your blog on occasion. Seems like we’ve had a slight surge in AoS folk introducing themselves in the past few weeks. Not a bad thing in my view!

Self taught, persistently behind the times, never up to date. AKA ~ jeff
    More verbosity: http://petiteguerre.blogspot.com/

Participant

Heya Bri!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Always great to see another naval gamer. Welcome aboard!

The tree of Life is self pruning.

Participant

Welcome Brian – you might note that Vol is wandering around here as well!

I’ve seen a quite a few familiar faces from another site here.  I remember seeing your name (BrianW) on TMP.  Welcome aboard!

John

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

--Abraham Lincoln

Participant

Welcome, I look forward to seeing your work here too!

Participant

Wow.  Thanks to everybody for all the nice comments.  It’s nice to see so many other familiar names and faces from TMP here.  Rather than try and answer everybody in an individual message, I will sort of “gang answer” here.

Ochoin:  No dumb questions where sailing ships are concerned.  Ask away, and I promise you that any answers that are just my opinion will be marked as such.

Autodidact: I would say that’s because AOS gamers are natural gentlemen, and recognize a similarly classy crowd.  Of course, I could be just a bit biased….

Darby: That’s the first sig line I’ve seen that I might want to steal.  Well done!

Greg M.:  Actually, it’s Vol who got me to finally make the jump over to here.  When he told me he’d been banned from TMP, I decided that I couldn’t support them with my money any more.  Given my reception here, I should probably transfer those funds to here.

McKinstry: Thank you sir <salutes ensign and bridge>.

Joker: Yes, I’ve been surprised at all the familiar names that have welcomed me here.

Alexander:  Thanks.  This month I’ve been busy with what an old professor called “the joys of home ownership.”  I’m hoping to get back on track soon.

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    --Warren Zevon

Participant

Welcome Brian to a most excellent and chilled forum, where everyone is welcoming and members are made to feel welcome.  I look forward to reading you naval posts with interest.

Will.

Participant

Hey Brian,

Hey Brian,

Glad you arrived. Sorry I am late to jump in. I just got home last night from 2 weeks of night shift in Prudhoe.

I am in full agreement with Will and others here, this is a very friendly place, unlike where we just vacated.

Regards,

Vol

"Research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I’m doing"
    Wernher von Braun

Participant

Hey Vol,

I have to agree with you, the atmosphere here is much better than over at the other port.  I’ve been a bit surprised at all the familiar faces and names I’ve seen welcoming me.  It’s clear that a whole pool of talented people have left TMP for here.

BWW

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    --Warren Zevon

Participant

Speaking of great talent, you have to check out Malc Johnston’s excellent scratch Boxer ship, wow!

Scratch build Boxer pirate ship

"Research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I’m doing"
    Wernher von Braun

Participant

Hi Brian,

Like Vol sorry for not saying Hi! before. Life a little pear shape in the Christchurch yard at this time.

Be safe & welcome

Rory

He who says he makes no mistakes, is making the biggest mistake of all. Or does bugger all. Rory

Participant

Rory,

Not a problem, I assure you!  Everyone here has been so nice, that I almost expect everyone here to drop by the wardroom and say hell0.  Things have been a little sideways on my end as well.

BWW

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    --Warren Zevon

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.