Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi Sons of Horus (3mm scale Epic Armageddon "Heresy" Proxies)

This topic contains 104 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Thaddeus Blanchette Thaddeus Blanchette 2 days, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Author

Mr. Average
    Participant

Wouldn’a you know it? 😉

Mr. Average
    Participant

I do like the O8 offerings, as well. They make very good “old school” Imperial Army forces, and the line seems to be moving stylistically in a very nice direction.

Mr. Average
    Participant

The force is growing, approaching battle readiness…

Terminators and Sicaran Battle Tanks.  Note the Terminator Chaplain front right.

Rhinos and a lone prototype Land Raider.  I’m considering painting the central frame of the Land Raider with a black scheme, but I fear it may be too hard a contrast.

Not there yet, but getting closer.

Thaddeus Blanchette
    Thaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

Hmmm. How about a pale orange frame?

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Mr. Average
    Participant

Possibly – the colors might clash, but I’m not averse to “breaking the rules” of the so-called official color schemes, having already skewed the color towards blue-green from pure green simply because I like the blue-green better.  Maybe something less in opposition, purple for example… hmm.  Or maybe I’m just overthinking it again. 😉

Thaddeus Blanchette
    Thaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

I saw some Sicarrans on the ‘net that were a dirty cream. Really nice!

Thaddeus Blanchette
    Thaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

New Imperial Guard proxies from O8!

Thaddeus Blanchette
    Thaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

We now have a hell of a lot of proxies for a fantasy WWI as well. Wish we could get some Quar in 3mm.

Mr. Average
    Participant

3mm Quar would be freaking amazing.

Thaddeus Blanchette
    Thaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

And what’s worse: you can’t really proxy them. Even at 3mm, they are notably different from human beings.

Mr. Average
    Participant

Well I got knocked flat on my tuckus by something approximating a viral flu, so I took the whole weekend for stress-free activity.  Painting seemed good, albeit at a very slow pace.

I figured that the Sons of Horus are nearing completion here so the time was right to start up an opposing force.  While the Sons of Horus struggle to liberate the citizens of the Imperium from their enslavement to the False Emperor, the misguidedly fanatical Imperial Fists seemed an appropriate opponent, especially since I want to run a lot of battles in the Solar System (notably, Titan, Io, Enceladus, Ganymede Mars and Venus).

Here’s their first Fellblade SHT.  The color matchup feels very striking and I like it!

Note two detachments of plain vanilla SoH Tactical Marines in the background.  The Vanguard infantry casts are without a doubt the best at this scale that I’ve ever seen.

Rhoderic
    Rhoderic
    Participant

Aww, I always liked the Imperial Fists. Their relative plainness, straightforward fluff and innocently uncool colour scheme makes them feel humble and simpatico to me, in a setting where most other legions/chapters seem hell-bent on making a “statement”. I don’t think I approve of this vilification of them 

Mr. Average
    Participant

😀

As the fellow says, “Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon your point of view.”  I like the Fists, too, for much the same reason.  They’re  Marines’ Marines.  Very straightforward and unpretentious.  Also un-Emo, in contrast to the Angels, both Blood and Dark.  Which both have their charm, but hey.

Thaddeus Blanchette
    Thaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

I am going to have to wait until May to pick up my Vanguard stuff, alas. 🙁 I will get going on my O8 Eldar very soon, however.

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

They undoubtedly look very good, I feel that I’ll have to start another 3mm army soon.. 🙂

Thaddeus Blanchette
    Thaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

Hey, Mat! Do you have any ideas for Eldar titan proxies? Garuda bots from Infinity make good Phantoms, but what about Renevants? Have you seen anything?

Thaddeus Blanchette
    Thaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

By the way, pricing out the stuff I’m buying, it looks like I will be able to field 7000 points of Eldar for around 60 USD.

Mr. Average
    Participant

I’ll be honest I haven’t given it much thought, as I’m focused mainly on the Imperial Civil War. But I think the mecha from 15mm.co.uk or whoever they sell through now, though challenging builds, would be great as Eldar mega-titans of some sort. I seem to think there were some medium-sized mecha out there from a KS recently but their name escapes me.

Mr. Average
    Participant

The “Warmachine” line seems to have a suitable set of arcane elven mecha that could stand some modding for use as larger Titan types.

Also the 15mm mecha I had in mind are the Tavshar Archons from Loud Ninja Games – with Alternative Armies and their affiliates changing hands in so many permutations I’m not sure how to get them at the moment.

Thaddeus Blanchette
    Thaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

The Tavshar is tasty, but huge (50mm) and expensive (20 pounds).

I like it though!

Thanks for reminding me of Warmachine! The Aspis looks like it could work:

Likewise the Chimera…

I need some Renevants, though. I am thinking, 25-30mm high.

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

Couldn’t you use GW Wraith guard? I think they are about 30mm high, and definitely looks the part in 3mm/6mm?

Fredd Bloggs
    Participant

The not rhino, if it is the 6mm version scaled down, is heavily based on the FV432 APC.

Thaddeus Blanchette
    Thaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

Yeah, I thought about the wraithguard, Alexander. Also, maybe, Epic Eldar Dradnoughts? The problem is that they are TOO Eldar. They might clash with O8’s “not Eldar” style.

Mr. Average
    Participant

You might make the Garudas your Revenant proxy and the Dakinis your Phantoms. (Infinity ALEPH line is what I’m referring to here.)

I can state that the proxy Imperial Titans from Vanguard look like they’ll range between 30 and 60mm tall in “true” scale so you might want to bear that in mind. I’m not certain (and Vanguard could comment better than I) but I think a bulkier and more heavily armored version of the Leviathan may be in the works which would be a closer Warlord proxy. I’m already looking at ways to mod a 6mm scale Leviathan for a less campy version of an Imperator mega-Titan.

Food for thought anyway.

Thaddeus Blanchette
    Thaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

I like the Dakini and Garuda idea, but aren’t they almost the same size?

Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.