Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Stars' Reach Supports (supplement for Squadron Strike)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Darkest Star Games Darkest Star Games 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ad Astra Games
    Participant

Ad Astra Games is excited that the Stars’ Reach miniatures Kickstarter is fully funded and is surging toward exciting stretch goals. (Getting more miniatures for free is pretty exciting!) To show our support, we’re producing a Stars’ Reach supplement for Squadron Strike.

Starting from pencil sketches by Travis Melton, the ships were digitally mastered by Charles Oines, who has done the 3D ship models for all of Ad Astra Games’ space games. The physical masters have been cast and Acheson Designs has the molds ready to go. This Kickstarter should see product shipping very quickly.

If you don’t play Squadron Strike yet, you’ll be happy to know that ship stats for Stars’ Reach will be available for several space combat systems. This means that you can easily take your fleet and migrate from game to game. Let’s say that you’ve been using your Stars’ Reach miniatures to play Colonial Battlefleet, but when you move to a new city, you join a group playing Squadron Strike. There’s no need to learn how to design good Squadron Strike ships; you just pick up the Stars’ Reach module and start playing!

And, since the Squadron Strike ship design engine automatically generates both 2D and 3D versions of every ship, you can ease new players into the Squadron Strike system.

Support the Stars’ Reach project now!

Cover of the Stars' Reach supplement for Squadron Strike

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Quick clarification question: when you say 2d and 3d versions, does that mean 2d and 3d rules system (are they game options?) or images of the ships?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Ad Astra Games
    Participant

Game system options. Squadron Strike is a fully-3D system, including pitch, roll, and firing arcs, all supported through clever play aids to eliminate any math beyond adding and subtracting speed, acceleration, deceleration, and those sorts of things. It also covers three movement modes: no inertia (warp drives, teleportation, UFOs), speedboat/whoosh! (Star Wars), and vector (Asteroids).

You can read more about the system[/url], and we offer a PDF starter kit for only $5. The starter kit includes the first seven scenarios of our Empire/Directorate War setting in a self-contained tutorial, along with print-and-play versions of the components.

Please commit your money to the miniatures Kickstarter first!

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Thank you sir!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.