Home Forums Terrain and Scenery Terrain book

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Lampon 3 days, 23 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Steve Lampon
    Participant

🙂 Some of you may know of Pat Smith’s “Silverwhistle’ blog and have shown some interest in his proposed ‘Setting the Scene’ terrain book. I am a wargaming friend of Pat’s and an art director and between us we have decided to self-publish the book. It is about 1/3 complete. The book will be A4 and around 120 pages with step by step guides to buiding his winter terrain. If people are interested (and the moderators don’t mind) I will post progress over the next few weeks.

http://wargamingwithsilverwhistle.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Setting%20the%20scene

TerrainBook cover
    SpreadsSpreads
    Spreads

McKinstry
    Participant

I’m looking forward to seeing both the progress and the final product. Terrain is an area in which I am always looking to do better.

Never wrestle with a pig. You both get muddy and the pig just likes it.

Ochoin
    Ochoin
    Participant

Steve, a winter terrain is (somewhere) on my wish list. I must admit the idea sounds so formidable I have shied away from it so your book may well be the inspiration & guide I need.

donald

Rhoderic
    Rhoderic
    Participant

Always nice to see a new book about the crafts side of the hobby, there’s so few of them. Wish you the best of luck!

Rhys Humphrey
    Participant

I will buy this! Please keep us updated!

Steve Lampon
    Participant

Thanks for the interest in Pat’s Terrain Book. Here is an update. The design/layout aspect of the book is now finished. Proofreading will be done this week and print proofing a week to 10 days after that. When we get proofs/dummies we can work out postage costs and final price of the book. In the next week or so I will post and give instructions of how you can sign up for a copy.
    Nearly there!

Terrain Book

Etranger
    Participant

Given that these are meant to be wargaming tables, rather than static dioramas, the results are stunning! I’ll look out for this when it’s done.

Steve Lampon
    Participant

Terrain Book

The Setting the Scene terrain book is finished and has been sent for proofing. Pat and I are now asking for those people who have previously shown interest to definitely commit to buying the book.

The price for the book is £17.50
    UK postage 1st/2nd class is £1.74/£1.58
    Europe £5.15
    World Zone 1 £7.45 (North & South America, Africa, Asia).
    World Zone 2 £7.90 (Australia, New Zealand, Singapore).

We are not asking for money yet, please just go to the special page that Pat has set up on his blog and state how many copies you want. We can then get a better idea of what the final print run will be, we will obviously print some ‘overs’ but we cannot afford to print too many. Here is the link.

http://wargamingwithsilverwhistle.blogspot.co.uk/p/setting-scene_8.html

We will be asking for payment when we send the book for the actual print run which will be in about 10-14 days time.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 23 hours ago by  Steve Lampon.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.