Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi The Genesis Findings

This topic contains 53 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Darkest Star Games Darkest Star Games 2 days, 7 hours ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author

greg954
    Participant

RDF base, recreational room – Proxima B

Trooper Giles walks into the recreational room. Just as Trooper Kate Collins sinks the 8 ball.
    “That’s three in row you’ve won” Says Trooper Andy Watson
    “I wouldn’t play with her and expect to win. She’s a demon when it comes to playing Poole”. Smirks Giles.
    “Well, some got it and some haven’t” she relies
    “Come on Kate, rack ‘em up. I need to win one at least before we go on shift”. Says Watson.

Giles grabs a tablet off the table and starts to look at the days news back on Mars. It’s not very often the gate opens. So the opportunity to send signals through it back to Mars are limited. Without the gate any comms signals would take light years to make it.
    “Hey I wonder if they’ve sent us Playboy of the month” he says jokingly.
    “Marian news is getting boring”
    “Hey Collins! Why don’t you go on the front page of next months edition?” Says Giles, laughing at his own humour. The young 20 year old looks at him and frowns.
    “I’m a soldier, not your bloody sex fantasy”

Giles laughs again when the door opens and The RDF Trooper walks in. He throws his PBR32 assault rifle on the Poole table. Sending the balls in all directions.
    “That thing doesn’t belong on there does it? Why don’t you take it to the armoury?” Snaps Collins
    “Alright, alright keep your hair on sweetheart.” Jeers The RDF Trooper
    “You’re a real moron aren’t you?” Snaps Watson
    The RDF Trooper looks at him and scowls.
    “And you’re really dead aren’t you?” he replies with hate and destain.

Nether Troopers Collins or Watson saw the snub nose silenced pistol. Two muted rounds struck Watson dead centre, killing him instantly. Collins was quick to react. She turned to move and got to the end of the table when a round hit her in the hip. She spins around and collapses in pain. Giles shoots up from his seat still holding the tablet. He runs towards the rear door as The RDF Trooper tacks him. He squeezes the trigger and a round finds its mark on the centre of his spine. He yells and falls backwards.

“Ahrrrr, what……the hell” screams Collins, clutching at her hip.
    “Hang on sweetheart, I’ll be with you in a moment” says The RDF Trooper

He walks over to the dying man. Trooper Giles squirms around in a pool of his own blood, face twisted in agony as he dies. The RDF Trooper looks down at him, head tiled.
    “Oh, beautiful” He remarks “Just beautiful”

Meanwhile, while he was admiring his handy work. Trooper Collins manages to reach up and get a hand on the assault rifle which he left on the Poole table.

“Ah, no you don’t” He says snatching it away and kicking her to the floor.
    “Take it to the armoury, yeah right. Maybe I should take you to the morgue!….IN BITS!” He screams
    He revs up the Chayonet on the rifle and begins cutting into the young solider. Starting at her feet for maximum effect, as she begs for mercy.

The RDF Trooper exits though the door into the passage. Wiping the blood
    from his face as he catches sight of Captain Fouquet staring at him.
    “Room secure sir” Says The RDF Trooper, smirkingly.
    Fouquet pushes past him and steps into the room. He quickly steps back out and closes the door.
    “What the hell is the matter with you? I said detain them, not slaughter them like pigs”. He snaps
    “Oh, spare me the euphemisms Fouquet. Don’t they looked detained to you?”
    “You’ve taken care of the Raven from Mars I take it” Says Fouquet, ignoring his comment. The RDF Trooper nods.
    “I’ve told Richards to incapacitate Colin and Clyde and bring them in. Those two could make valuable hostages. I’ve told him to kill the others” Fouquet continues. “That just leaves Shields and the controller in the C&C room”
    “Want me to take care of them?” Grins The RDF Trooper.
    “Good lord no. I don’t want the control room looking like a Butchers yard. I’ll do it. You go and get yourself cleaned up. You look like something out of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre”.
    The RDF Trooper stomps off towards the washrooms. Fouquet watches him go as he thinks to himself that he’ll have to deal with him when the time is right. The man is clearly a manic.

To be continued……….

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  greg954.
    Mike
    Mike
    Keymaster

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Duuuuuude….

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

That’s heavy, quite the scene!

Stroezie
    Stroezie
    Participant

Man !

Sooner or later there’s going to have to be a serious butt kicking !

Nobody does that to the RDF and gets away with it !

He he, quite the build up you’ve got going on here.

Kudos to you sir.

If you like 6mm scifi check out http://planetares6.blogspot.be/?m=0

greg954
    Participant

Yeah, he’s quite the character isn’t he? He goes beyond nasty. Next chapter up is in the command and control room (C&C). Since the chapter following it is in the C&C as well. I will do pics then, (will give me time to set up the scene). Also there’s not a lot of point showing the same pics for both chapters.

RDF Base – Command and Control room (C&C)

Shields finishes off looking at the comms file from 2 weeks ago. He closes down the app and walks over to Trooper Hinckley.
    “Are you armed?” He asks
    “Something wrong sir?”. Replies Hinckley.
    “Very, here take my sidearm, I’ll get another from the armoury. Stay sharp, there are problems afoot”. He says
    Hinckley nods and holsters the pistol.

Then Fouquet enters the C&C and takes in the surrenderings.
    “There you are Captain” Says Colonel Shields.
    “Sorry sir, I’ve been delayed”. He replies.
    “We just heard from Hinz’s Pathfinder. Except it wasn’t him. It was Gomez, the Ravens pilot from Mars. It seems they all survived the crash and made it to the power station. No sign of Hinz’s team though, which is odd”. Shields continues “I have to take a look at something, you remain here”

Fouquet waits no longer, he draws his side arm and points it at the Colonel. But with resent events Shields was ready. He had been decrypting the secret comms files. He knew at least one persons was working for an outside party. He knew there was a mole, a traitor. He knew the RDF were compromised. But wasn’t sure who or how many RDF where involved.

With surprising speed for a man in this late fifties. Shields disarmed Fouquet and the pistol went scattering across the floor and under the plotting table. But Fouquet was no slouch, he counterattacked and soon had the Colonel on the floor. Fouquet was about to launch another attack.
    “ENOUGH” shouts Trooper Hinckley
    Fouquet stops and sees that Hinckley. Has drawn the pistol that Shields gave him and is pointing it right at him.
    “Trooper, that man is a traitor to the RDF. Place him under arrest” Says Fouquet
    “Don’t listen to him. He’s a traitor that has sold his sole to the Cerberus Corporation!” Shields continues “I’ve been deciphering the comms files, I know about Cerberus! Tell me how much did they offer? Was it money? Land? Titles? Deeds? How much did they offer you Fouquet to sell out your own countryman!” Says Shields.

“This command, the gate and this world is now the Property of the Cerberus Corporation” Says Fouquet
    “I’ve locked out the gate. It’s on a rotating algorithm. You can’t use it, so if you’ve been planning on bring your own people in. Forget it” Says Shields

Fouquet turns to Hinckley. “Time to pick a side lad, they can give you anything you want. Anything. All you have to do is arrest the Colonel”.

To be continued……….

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

I hope that Hinckley makes the right call, otherwise Shields is looking at even more trouble..

Great piece, awaiting the next one eagerly 🙂

greg954
    Participant

Sorry for the delay, be working flat out and the last two weekends as well. To top it off I’ve had a leak in my shower room. So, I’ve been busy rebuilding all that. Plus, (get this) had a leak in the upstairs bathroom. So been doing that as well! But, remarkably I have been building scenery. All this disruption with building materials knocking around etc…has meant that I haven’t needed to look far for scenery materials! 5mm ply, 5mm cladding, plasterboard, insulation board, various paints and other stuff. Has come in very handy while  constructing scenery of The Genesis Findings.

Anyway enough waffle for the moment…..the next chapter….

Command and Control Room (C&C) – Proxima B 

Hinckley lowered the pistol and stared at the floor. Then with reinforced purpose he raised his gun at Fouquet.
    “No, Captain you’re under arrest .”Says Hinckley ……….

………………..He was about to continue when a muted sound and a thump caused Hinckley to drop the gun and clutched his neck. As blood pour from a hole in his neck. He collapsed and Fouquet moved quickly to pick up the pistol.

“Having problems?” Says The RDF Trooper, as he walked further into the room.
    “Nothing I couldn’t handle”
    “Yeah looked like it” Says The RDF Trooper As he put two more rounds into Hinckley.
    “Want me to finish off the old man too?” He says pointing the pistol at Shields.
    “NO! You’ve done enough killing, we need him. He’s locked out the gate.” Says Fouquet

Then Trooper Peters walks into the C&C. He is the last RDF member to be bought out by Cerberus.
    “Peters, take the Colonel to the radar station and lock him in the utility room there. We will deal him later”. Orders Fouquet.

Fouquet waits unit Peters has removed Shields from the room. He turns to The RDF Trooper.
    “YOU IDIOT! there’s survivors from the Raven which you shoot down. You didn’t bother to check and now they are on their way here. That’s sloppy work!” Shouts Fouquet. Throwing a tablet at The RDF Trooper, just missing him.
    The RDF Trooper, frowns and explodes into a rage.
    “I was Cerberus long before you! I’m one of their Devine children. Second only to God! But you……you were merely bribed. They waved a big fat cheque under your nose and you caved. As my duty I was made to join the RDF as a mole. For three years I had to endure this stinking outfit. So don’t you lecture me!”

Fouquet had heard enough, he reached for the pistol which he picked up from Hinckley. But The RDF Trooper was quicker. He thrust his combat knife up and into Fouquet. With drawing it and thrusting again into his gut. Fouquet collapses and slumps against the plotting table.
    “Now, go and die in whatever agony seems bests” grins The RDF Trooper.

End of Part One. To be continued………

Ok, that’s the end of part one. I’m working on part two now. Although there will be a delay, part two will be posted a lot quicker and the chapters will not be far apart, right up to the closing chapter. Although I’ve been pretty busy, I haven’t been slacking….Here’s a little teaser, an outlook to part two….

McCallum’s team is on their way to C&C at the RDF base. They will be stopping off at the bases sewage treatment/effluent plant first. I’ve nearly build this scenery, just need to do the snow effects and flock it. In this scene, the “mysterious newcomer”. Who found Trooper Chapman at the solar power station and stole Colin’s PathFinder just pior. His identity will be revealed. Also the identity of the large person, who Chapman had contact with. There will also be a scene in an infirmary. I’m doing the internal part now and have finished the external part of it. (Made it from a cheese spread pot).

Then it will be on to the Radar Station, where the dirty Trooper Peters has taken the CO, Colonel Shields. I haven’t started this yet. In this scene the notorious main villain, known only as “The RDF Trooper” will make an appearance. Will he get his “just desserts” for the horrible killings of the RDF Troopers in the Poole room? Well, you might find out.

Then finally, the big show down. This will be at the RDF base. I’ve made and primed the external part of the C&C. The internal part is what you’ve just seen in this chapter.  This will be part of the conclusion. Where the surviving RDF will be fighting for their lives and humanity!!!!!!!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by  greg954.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by  greg954.

kid bananas
    Participant

Dude I was blown away by the scenery you made, that is until you introduced the rec room and control room. Absolutely the bee’s knees.

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

Awesome, Part 1 has been a blast, the scenery is killer and story even more so!

I hope part 2 will be as great 🙂

greg954
    Participant

Thanks peeps, glad you’re all liking it. I’m well under way with part 2, so thought I’ll whack up the first bit. I’ve almost done the infirmary scene. So should have that up in a day or so.

Part 2 – The Genesis Findings

RDF Effluent Treatment Plant – Proxima B

Maine sighs and wishes he never volunteered for this assignment. Let alone being sewage engineer. Although this Northern region of Proxima B is coming out of winter. The cold is still playing havoc with the pipes. Yet another joint has ruptured. He sighs again and moves to the slurry pit. That has ruptured too and slurry is leaking out. Only one way to fix it is to get in there. Not a task Maine is relishing, especially since the base is so short staffed.

He looks up and hears two vehicles approaching. He sees Clyde and Obidiah, appear over head. Along with some other RDF which he hasn’t see before.
    “Oi Paddy! Up to your waist in the smelly stuff again?” Laughs Obidiah
    “Yeah laugh it up Obidiah, I’ve got two ruptured pipes and no help. Tried getting on to control for some men and equipment. But can’t raise anyone. Where’s Shields or Fouquet. C&C is supposed to be manned 24/7”. Maine replies.
    After Maine finishes complaining, Colin starts briefing Him on the issues they are having.
    “We still can’t get Shields on the radio. Last time we spoke to Fouquet, now we can’t get him either. We are on our way to C&C now”. Says Colin
    “Yeah, I’ve been trying report the issue with these pipes. Can’t get anyone in the C&C, I need some help here” replies Maine.

Meanwhile Trooper Ritter wonders away from the group. The conversation with Maine is of limited interest for him. He moves over to the infirmary and meets Trooper Song coming out.
    “They got a pretty state of the art place here. But no medical staff” Says Song, slinging his flame unit over his shoulder.
    “Could be automated” replies Ritter
    Both men make their way further away from the Effluent plant.
    “Look at this” Says Ritter, looking down at the snow.
    “Some sort of tracks……but these are more man made” Says Song.
    “Agreed, I’m not fully up on the wildlife around here. But this isn’t natural”
    Both men look at each other. Working out the possibility. They both come quickly to the same conclusion.

A Combat Walker! And the RDF don’t use Walkers! This can only mean one thing. Then before they have chance to report it, Ritter catches sight of something. They watch it until it starts to come into view. Then their conclusion proves correct! Except this is a machine they’ve never seen before!

To be continued……..

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

Great opening for part 2, these troopers really can’t catch a break!

Stroezie
    Stroezie
    Participant

Woah! Sh*t just got more deep!

Love your pipeworks, there’s enough randomness to them to make them look more real.

Cheers,

Stroezie.

If you like 6mm scifi check out http://planetares6.blogspot.be/?m=0

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Some dudes are about to get squiiiiished!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.