Home Forums General Books and Magazines Wahtever happened to Almark Publishing?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by PaintingLittleSoldiers PaintingLittleSoldiers 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Howard Whitehouse
    Howard Whitehouse
    Participant

In the early ’70s , for a brief period, the Almark Publishing Company was apparently everywhere. There was a magazine, ‘Modelworld’, a series of high quality books on uniforms, and even a couple of sets of hard plastic WII figures.

Then the company vanished. Modelworld folded suddenly.

Does anyone know what happened to Almark, and whether anyone has the rights to the books?

I do all my own stunts.

vexillia
    vexillia
    Participant

What a strange coincidence:I was just thinking the same thing!

In my case it was brought about after sorting my collection of Almark Napoleonic books ready for listing on eBay.

Hope someone here can help.

Martin Stephenson
    Vexillia :: Shop | Rules | Twitter
    Personal stuff :: The Waving Flag | Auctions

John D Salt
    John D Salt
    Participant

What an interesting question. I hope someone can provide a better answer than I have been able to find.

Almark Publishing Co. Ltd
    Company number 00992307
    Incorporated 21 Oct 1970
    Dissolved 12 Sep 1995

Registered Address:
    49 Little Bookham Street
    Little Bookham
    Surrey KT23 2AA

This is all much less useful than you might think, as companies house do not have electronic records going back that far, and getting more detail would require access to their archives. I am quite surprised the date of dissolution is so late; as far as I can make out Almark published nothing after 1979, and as I was working in France at the time I evidently failed to notice their disappearance.

All the best,

John.

I guess you could try and contact any authors who are still alive to see if they know anything about the directors ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.