Home Forums Modern "War Games" Book Signing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

This Friday (23 Mar 18), I have just been told, there will be a book signing of “War Games: The Psychology of Combat” (was “Brains and Bullets”) by, errrm, someone identified as Leo Murray, at the Imperial War Museum in London:

https://www.iwm.org.uk/events/leo-murray-book-signing

I am annoyed that I don’t think I’ll be able to make it, but then I already own signed copies of both versions of the book. If anyone happens to be lurking around our national capital, it might be worth popping in. The event is free, and the RRP of the book is a tenner.

All the best,

John.

Participant

Curses, don’t think I have any chance of making that.

I can probably live with an unsigned copy.

Participant

I could get there but how important to have is a signed copy?

www.olivercromwell.org; www.battlefieldstrust.com
    6mm wargames group: [email protected]; 2mm wargames group: [email protected]

Participant

It is a real shame I will miss this, I would love to get a signed copy.

For anyone out there who hasn’t read it, I can’t recommend it highly enough.  It is indispensable for anyone concerned with doing this for real; but I can’t imagine the wargamer that wouldn’t get lots from it as well.

Participant

I was excited to see this and started making plans to go, but then was disappointed to see that it was Brains and Bullets under a different name. John, is it even a new edition, or just the old one renamed? This is five years down the line, after all. I was more disappointed to see on Amazon that it sells both copies and makes no mention of the fact that War Games is the same book.

Participant

John, is it even a new edition, or just the old one renamed?

Same book, different title.

The inscription in my copy of “War Games” from one of the authors says “Spot the difference? I can’t”.

All the best,

John.

Participant

John, is it even a new edition, or just the old one renamed?

Same book, different title. The inscription in my copy of “War Games” from one of the authors says “Spot the difference? I can’t”. All the best, John.

Interesting event; he mentioned he was working with a certain character called John Salt.

www.olivercromwell.org; www.battlefieldstrust.com
    6mm wargames group: [email protected]; 2mm wargames group: [email protected]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.