Home Forums General General What's on your painting desk/table/corner

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 596 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My desk currently has 15mm Modern Aussies & North Koreans, and 28mm Pulp type figures: a number of bits and pieces I am painting up so I can play my first game of Pulp Alley.

Participant

A Compagnia Meccanizzata of the St. Vincent Brigade and one of the Vinnies’ two BOLOs, a wing of Polish dropships, and (off camera to the right) I. Eskadra of the Krakow Winged Hussars.

Participant

Cheers for your comments, that’s a tidy work desk Mr. average I wish I could keep mine that neat.

Participant

For me it’s a Forgeworld Death Korps of Krieg banner onto which I have to freehand something. Other than that I got some Hasslefree stuff lying around here. 🙂

Look, something not 6mm sci-fi in my painting space.

Participant

I thought you were allergic to anything not 6mm sci fi Michael.

On my painting table I have really been burning through unpainted lead. Have maybe 50 15mm figures waiting for attention; QRF Russians and dinosaurs, Khurasan North Koreans, Rebel Minis zombies, Blue Moon Victorian civilians. A recent transfer at work has seen me have a lot more free time, so getting a lot more painting done. Exciting times.
    Of course, I still have 200 or so 28mm figures waiting patiently for their turn (some of which were bought second hand and so must be stripped) and probably another 100 or so 15s on the way, so never fear, will be back to square one shortly.

Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

I thought you were allergic to anything not 6mm sci fi Michael

Normally I do burst into flames, however these are for a customer and it seems the injection of cash keeps me safe.

🙂

I am currently painting 28mm WSS figures, 15mm Zombies, 10mm moderns and a really bad attempt at trying a Mantic Elf for Kings of War.

Having not painted any larger figures I painted two as a test run and they really look like crap. So back to the drawing board !

Participant

I have got four absurd Soviet era T-35’s, four SdKfz 251/C’s and one SdKfz 253 in 15mm, Also in 15mm are eight generic biblical hordes and a twelve-man section of Modern Taliban are being painted. Next up are a Soviet SMG company (80 figures) and a Soviet Infantry company in great coats (150+ figures). Arghh, I’ll never be finished. I also have Thracians, Lydians and Spanish ancients to do all in 15’s. Oh, and more Celts/Galatians.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Ha Ha all my 15mm Ancients are painted !!!! I do still have Nato and Soviet infantry to paint damn it.

Participant

Kyoteblue:

Yeah, the Ancients have largely been ignored for the last 10 years or so, so as I am recovering and getting my painting mojo back, I’m seriously planning to get some paint on them. I hear you on the Clod War and Modern stuff too. I have got lots to paint there too.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Kyoteblue:

Of course before I do that, I have to catch up on reading Just Jack’s posts. Which I am woefully behind on. So much to do and so little time to do it. Oh, speaking about reading, have you read Robert Forczyk’s excellent book called Tank Warfare on the Eastern Front 1941-1942; Schwerpunkt? It’s an outstanding book and I can hardly put it down. It’s a wargamer’s treasure trove of scenario ideas and situations and really explains the strengths and more particularly the weaknesses of both the German and Soviet tank forces. I am looking forward to reading his second book on the same topic from 1943-1945! It’s a great read and is well researched and argued.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson

Participant

Swedish

and done in the correct toy soldier manner, nice

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel
    Slowly Over A Low Flame

Participant

I’ll see if I can get those books Rod.

Participant

On my painting table….. evidence of a very troubled mind listening to View from the Veranda, I don’t know if the two are connected.

and what I’m working on besides pushing some green stuff which is at the fore.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel
    Slowly Over A Low Flame

Participant

Cheers for the quote “Paintpig”, you blog is an enjoyable visit.

I have an other 2 battalions of the Legion Britannique on the work bench.

Finished these two last week, battalions number 4 and 5.

Some more photo’s here http://societyofgentlemengamers.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10702

Participant

Cheers William ol’bean, propah toy soldiers must be painted in the propah toy soldier manner and you got it down pat… the cheeks could be a bit rosier

Ah yes the Legion, I believe I painted a couple of regiments for this some time ago. ‘Bout 5 or 6 Regt’s all up wasn’t there?

Slowly Over A Low Flame

Participant

AT the moment, nothing, nada, not a thing. Too busy mastering Vector Graphics for mdf madness!

Participant

What’s on your painting desk/table/corner

A cat.

That’s why some of my miniatures are hairy.

http://www.argad-bzh.fr/argad/en.html
    https://www.anargader.net/

Participant

, I believe I painted a couple of regiments for this some time ago. ‘Bout 5 or 6 Regt’s all up wasn’t there?

5 battalions of infantry and 5 squadrons of cavalry, the jury is still out if they were line or light infantry, though I think I will base half a battalion as light infantry.

Participant

What’s on your painting desk/table/corner

A cat. That’s why some of my miniatures are hairy.

Cat needs to find a new home.

Participant

, I believe I painted a couple of regiments for this some time ago. ‘Bout 5 or 6 Regt’s all up wasn’t there?

5 battalions of infantry and 5 squadrons of cavalry, the jury is still out if they were line or light infantry, though I think I will base half a battalion as light infantry.

They were most definitely formed as a petite guerre counter force, in my mind I think they should be able to fight in companies. How is open to debate, fighting as light troops doesn’t define petite guerre but it doesn’t discount the theory that they may have been able to skirmish either. I think it would be very likely that some portion of each company or a company or two would have, light troop ability or they simply would not have been able to execute their formation mandate.

Slowly Over A Low Flame

Participant

Cheers for the info “PaintPig”, so I will have some based as light infantry so that I can mix and match.

Participant

When I find where I have hidden my copy of Savory I will dig up some references for you, mainly in orders of battle. In July 1760 (significant date)  all 5 battalions were stationed in Soest as part of  von Sporkens command and are listed as part of the “light troops division*”

*my terminology

Slowly Over A Low Flame

Participant

Finally able to paint – Broke My Collarbone in October and then just as I was getting back into action severed the tendons in my right hand… was seriously tempted to have a go at painting with my teeth at one point.

Recent games have shown up some serious shortages in my Biblical 20mm armies, so I am painting Egyptians, Nubians, Libyans and Sea People – fast and dirty stage painting, a dozen at a time, no frills no fuss/ (ny standard method which allows me to claim ‘ah yes, they are not wonderful paint jobs but I was doing them fast and dirty to get them on the table’ and hope they don’t ask to see stuff I really made an effort on…..)

Participant

Angel Barracks: The king of resurrecting old threads.

My painting station is my dining room table, as I have no dedicated space for it. Sad times.

Participant

Angel Barracks: The king of resurrecting old threads. My painting station is my dining room table, as I have no dedicated space for it. Sad times.

Well, he does own the site…

I have a guitar amp on my desk, waiting new valves.

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

Angel Barracks: The king of resurrecting old threads. My painting station is my dining room table, as I have no dedicated space for it. Sad times.

Well, he does own the site… I have a guitar amp on my desk, waiting new valves.

Hang on…if Angel Barracks owns the site, then who is this Editor Mike character?

Keymaster

Much less good looking..

Keymaster

Much less good looking..

Participant

Much less good looking..

Two times as un-good looking. Not giving yourself enough credit there!

Participant

Well, he does own the site… I have a guitar amp on my desk, waiting new valves.

Hang on…if Angel Barracks owns the site, then who is this Editor Mike character?

Apparently some strange man who plays with toys.

Hang that describes most of us.

I am mostly still painting the Leven Miniatures buildings but took a moment out to start work on a wee sculpt I did.
    Be gentle it is 6mm, and is only my fourth ever go at sculpting.

Participant

I keep my amp under the painting desk, gives it that warm rich valve sound.

Slowly Over A Low Flame

An update on the 6mm ACW buildings, getting close to them all being done now.

Participant

WOW!

So glad to see I am not the only one with a messy paint station. Also thought I was a rare one who has many ongoing projects on the table at the same time. All ranging from 10mm Ancients to 1/285 WW2. My attention span is about as long as that of a gnat. If I am reading up on the Crusades, that is what I will want to work on. If watching a WW2 movie, then that gets pulled onto the table. Therefore, my table is a mish mash of periods. Always thought it was just me. Seeing some of these areas, I see I am not alone.

Just one question for you neatniks. What is wrong with you? How can you be so organized? You are wargamers, for Pete’s sake!

Today I mostly be drinking coffee and eating chocolatey bread.

Participant

I’m currently painting Dungeon Worlds terrain from Acheson Creations and sculpting new figures for my own Kaiju Kaos game. I’ll try to post pix tonight (at work right now).

Participant

Ummmm ok:

8 WSS Austrian Grenadiers 28mm Ebor

4 Bison with Riders 28mm (mix)

6 Daleks 6mm Irregular

1 Cat Pirate 28mm Reaper?

10 Orks 28mm GW, original plastic ones

Me I am a Painting butterfly!

Also: 5 20mm Normandy Buildings in the process of being built from scratch.

Participant

Finish these last week,  Legion Britannique Ist battalion deployed as light infantry.

More photo’s over here.

http://societyofgentlemengamers.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10864

Commanding officer.

Also finished some legion dragoons.

http://societyofgentlemengamers.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10867

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 596 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.