Home Forums Alternate History Imagi-Nations Wormingrad

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Alexander Wasberg 5 days, 3 hours ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Victoria Dickson
    Victoria Dickson
    Participant

I found an abandoned project while searching through a cupboard for something else, thought it might be nice to share it. Who knows, it may even inspire me to complete it to the point where I can play a game.

I can’t remember who made the figures, and Google hasn’t helped me remember, but I have a load of them unpainted.

This is everything I completed before I got distracted on to something else. The squares are 4″.

I have Soviet worms with SMGs too, just never painted any.

The Germans have Rifle and SMG, there is also a Panzerfaust figure which I intended to modify into crew figures for anti tank guns. Because Panzerfausts in Wormingrad would be totally unrealistic, they didn’t have them in 1942…

I seem to recall getting stuck deciding what to do about vehicles, I wanted PzIIIs, StugIIIs and T34s. That’s probably why it got set aside as a project. One to return to do you think?

Too good !

kyoteblue
    kyoteblue
    Participant

You are so talented!

Victoria Dickson
    Victoria Dickson
    Participant

I tracked down the manufacturer, Ironclad Miniatures. ๐Ÿ™‚

http://www.ironcladminiatures.co.uk/ourshop/prod_1063629-Grub01.html

They do British and Americans too, but I shall set aside the temptation till I get these little darlings finished and into a game. ๐Ÿ™‚

Tim
    Tim
    Participant

This is fun. What do worm tanks look like?

William Harley
    William Harley
    Participant

Excellent post Victoria, thanks for sharing.ย  Is your next battle weevilgrad?

Victoria Dickson
    Victoria Dickson
    Participant

Worm tanks look like WWII tanks, only different. :p

(By which I mean my scratch building abilities don’t match my ambitions where the vehicles are concerned, so it’s time to convert proper models.)

Not sure what crazy idea I’ll come up with next, probably not weevils though, weevils are nowhere near as cute as worms. ๐Ÿ™‚

Victoria Dickson
    Victoria Dickson
    Participant

A couple of cut down sort-of-StuGIIIs.

More pics and some waffle on the blog. ๐Ÿ™‚

http://crazywargames.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/first-wormingrad-vehicles.html

Victoria Dickson
    Victoria Dickson
    Participant

I’ve checked with Ironclad Miniatures, I can order non-standard packs with whatever mix of figures I want in them, I think I have just mentally committed myself to my next big project.ย 

I’m aiming long term, I’ll continue with my other projects too, but as a challenge to myself I’m going try to have at least one new thing completed each week, be it figures, terrain tiles or vehicles.

Victoria Dickson
    Victoria Dickson
    Participant
    Mike Headden
    Mike Headden
    Participant

World War Two worms? I mean that’s just silly!

Omigod! Omigod! Omigod! I LOVE IT! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜€

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is entirely optional!

Victoria Dickson
    Victoria Dickson
    Participant

Thanks. ๐Ÿ™‚

I just noticed the makers of the figures have a 20% off sale at the moment, so the first order for reinforcements has been made.

Tim
    Tim
    Participant

Oh cool!ย  I just noticed the Stugs.ย  LOL.ย  But seriously, good chopping job.ย  I had to trash a Mirage Panzer IV after I screwed up a 2mm chop.

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

Too cool, worm war 2 ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.