A three part post today – starting with the news that we’re attending a new show in the Royal Engineers Museum in Gillingham, Kent. It’s been organised at rather short notice, and is taking place on October 28th. If nothing else it should be an interesting venue, set as we will be amongst the armoured vehicles and other exhibits of the museum. We’ll be taking a cut-down stand as we don’t really know what to expect in terms of attendance and audience, but we’re looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Next, an update on orders. We’ve made good progress in clearing the holiday backlog and all orders up to September 22nd have shipped, so we’re pretty much back to normal. The exception is EU orders; we’re just waiting for the payment to clear for an order to Germany, then all outstanding orders to the EU will be off the to shipping hub – we’re hoping this will be by the end of the week.

And finally, the new website seems to be working OK – we’ve had orders coming from it over the weekend, the first of which were shipped out this morning. We’ve already made a few tweaks to it – after quite a bit of feedback we removed the rather unwieldy VAT message that was obscuring the thumbnail images on each item, so the view should now be clearer. We’ve also had to add a CAPTCHA box to the Contact Us form as that’s proved to be a magnet for Russian spammers. It seems that the size info’ on each product has gone astray somewhere between the old website and new one, so we’ll be working to restore that as soon as possible. We’re also looking at improving navigation around the site – some people have said that they miss the navigation menu on the left hand side so we’re looking into what we can do to replace it within the framework of the layout template we’re using. Once all that is out of the way, the next job will be to restore some of the content from the old website such as Starmada and Aeronef gaming stats.