A good old fashioned SALUTE report called in over a PRC-77! I am thinking about being able to play the games three ways:
- Multiple players at a convention, full double blind(gotta be FAST)
- Spotting is probabilistic rolled by the umpire, but you are fully spotted when spotted
- You “disappear” of you drop out of line of sight
- You do not know the effects of your attacks until you render an opponent combat ineffective
- Multiple players, more sedate “club” game
- Spotting is probabilistic rolled by the umpire, but when a unit is spotted, it may just come back as a blind, either Infantry or Vehicles, no size either so it could be an armored car platoon or two companies of T-34’s.
- You can shoot at blinds but do not know the outcome
- You “disappear” if you drop out of line of sight
- Multiple Players or Face to face, semi-blind
- Units are represented by Blinds until spotted, blinds are numbered on the bottom, units assigned to blinds
- May have some dummy blinds
- A blind can be anything from a recon patrol up to 2 companies, so there is still a bit of uncertainty
- When an opponent tries to spot one of your blinds, he rolls and you tell him the result. (If you cannot trust the people you game with, get different people to game with)
Thoughts? Great discussion. Just about every way this runs needs or benefits from an Umpire, but frankly I think I like running games better than playing almost.