Home Forums Ancients (DBMM) rules interpretation: moving obstructing elements BEFORE contact? Reply To: (DBMM) rules interpretation: moving obstructing elements BEFORE contact?

Tony S
Participant

In DBMM 2.1, threat zones are no longer negated by any intervening elements.   In your diagram (nicely laid out by the way) the Auxilia is therefore in the Cav’s threat zone, so it cannot attack either of the other elements.

Actually, at the top of page 33 (first paragraph, final sentence), I think is your answer.  As neither the Psiloi nor the Spear are in close combat or providing a supporting rank, therefore they are moved the minimum necessary to allow the Auxilia to contact the Cavalry, as per your quote also from page 33.  A brave, if somewhat foolhardy move on the Auxilia’s part!  It could also either stay where it is, or move directly to its own rear.

I say this with the caveat that although I play a lot of of DBA3, my DBMM2.1 experience is somewhat limited, and I will bow to those wiser and better informed.