Home Forums Modern Interesting article in Pravda about tank numbers… Reply To: Interesting article in Pravda about tank numbers…

Rules Junkie Jim
Participant

Very interesting tank numbers quoted there – given the ancient stuff that’s turned up in Syrian and Ukrainian arms sumps in recent years it’s possible those figures are conservative!

The T-55’s a favourite of mine too. I remember taking a walk round the Imperial War Museum circa 1992 and seeing an Iraqi T-55 through the railings somewhere round the back of the building. They’d an explanatory notice on the railings detailing how this model of tank was obsolete and only really useful against similarly equipped enemy forces and insurgents. Which was probably true, but I certainly didn’t expect to see them featuring prominently in wars more than two decades later.

My only interest in modern gaming relates to imagi-nation scenarios and not-a-chance “what ifs”, but this kind of report really does provide “justification” for who has what equipment and where they got it from…