Home Forums Modern Help, I'm Doing it Wrong!!! A 6mm Modern Teaser Reply To: Help, I'm Doing it Wrong!!! A 6mm Modern Teaser

Ivan Sorensen
Participant

All is fair in love, war and miniatures ๐Ÿ™‚

I was thinking more in terms of “Flexible” vs “Inflexible” doctrines but using those as examples of ways you could tinker with such a set up. Actually, now that I think about it, it’d be an easy way to fit in a superior local commander. Just toss in an extra token, maybe ear-marked for a special unit.

On recon types how about:

A lot of games handle recon elements as essentially just crappy troops. This seems to defeat the purpose of them really. Maybe some radical thinking is required.

Maybe a formation can deploy its recon elements as an action. Place the recon element (this could be a marker for all it matters) somewhere within a certain distance from the parent unit.

If the recon element is placed within a certain range of enemy troops, they provide some sort of bonus (bonus activation, tokens as above, something else), then disperse to the wind (or die a horrible fate. Most recon types I’ve talked to have been pretty fatalistic).

That’s maybe less satisfying than moving about a little armoured car but it might be a bit more fitting of how these things actually go.

Nordic Weasel Games
https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/5701/Nordic-Weasel-Games?src=browse5701