Home Forums Modern French Foreign Legion in Estonia, Fight 3 Reply To: French Foreign Legion in Estonia, Fight 3

Participant

Just Jack:

Somehow I got it into my head that you were using 6mm vehicles with 10mm infantry. I guess I just brain-farted! Sorry about that. When I re-examine the photos I realise how wrong that assumption was. Why I came to believe that? Who knows – the human brain is a mysterious thing (when it works). I’m pretty sure mine is not working too well these days!

Please do not take my protestations seriously, I was playing the role of the over-excited Frenchman who has been ‘humiliated’ by les Americains and spouts off constantly about National Honour and the Glory of France. Just a bit of fun, at France’s expense. Definitely not aimed at you.  I have nothing but the utmost respect for you and your contributions to the hobby. I just get silly some times!

I can’t believe how expensive the 10mm stuff is. That is comparable to the $8.00 per unit cost that I pay for 15mm WWII vehicles (plus shipping, taxes, duties and exchange rates) which bring the cost of a vehicle to about $11.50.  I hear your pain and commiserate! AMX’s and LAV’s it shall be.

I still have not had the time to really sit down and read your third report -that will have to wait until the weekend, but when I do some marginally more intelligent comments will follow.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod (Scale-blind) Robertson.