Home Forums Air and Sea Air Dogfights Over Midway Reply To: Dogfights Over Midway

Just Jack
Participant

Kyote – Sure, and not sure yet what I’m going to do, but it is a bit of a burden and I was just curious many folks are actually reading the play-by play and not just skimming for the important parts.

Thomaston – I’m not cheating, I told ya, I bumped the damage rolls from D6 to D10 for the US dive bombers seeing as how in real life the effects of the dive bomber hits were much more injurious due to catching the Japanese carriers in the middle of rearming and refueling their aircraft.  The issue regarding the time it takes the turn-by turn writeup, vice some form of summarizing, is that I have a WHOLE LOT more dogfights I plan on doing.  Aside from following three entire squadrons through WWII in the Pacific (and the pace is really going to pick up once we get to Guadalcanal), but I also have a few squadrons going on in Cuba Libre, someday I need to get to the Battle of Britain (remember all those Spitfires, Hurricanes, Me-109s, etc…, you designed for me?), which will be super intense, and I’d like to get to Arab-Israeli Wars in the air.  So I’m not exactly sure how I can keep up with it all; and while I greatly appreciate the few of you that actually read these, in the overall scheme of things these dogfights don’t garner much attention (they average about 35 views on the blog, each) and thus hardly any discussion.

We’ll see, and at some point in the near future I’ll play some dogfights and do ‘summary batreps’ as a trial, to show you guys what I’m talking about, see how much time it actually saves, and see what you guys think.

V/R,
Jack