Home Forums Horse and Musket Napoleonic Battle of Sacile 1809: A Horse, Foot & Guns Battle Report Reply To: Battle of Sacile 1809: A Horse, Foot & Guns Battle Report

Whirlwind
Participant

Many thanks all.

Me too, downloaded the first couple of versions and had high hopes. I’m not sure if Phil Barker ever completed them. There was a bit of a fuss when the very affordable hard copy came out. I lost track of HF&G after that.

I think that they are fully functioning rather than completed. I don’t think that the mechanics need much tinkering but I imagine that Phil Barker would have wanted to complete more Army Lists, especially for the important non-European armies.  I think he intended to widen them to include WW1 also, which would have been very interesting.  IIRC the fuss was that the rulebook was simply a draft version tidied up for publication and so some people who bought it had the same rules as a word doc.  I would love to see it completed along with the companion lower-level sets (three were promised, roughly one for the C18, one for first half of C19 and one for the latter half and beginning of C20).  But it must be a matter of some doubt as to if anything else will ever come out.

https://hereticalgaming.blogspot.co.uk/